Looking for pics of Eliminators/paint ideas topic

GirsMJ86

What color(s) should I paint it with which decals?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What color(s) should I paint it with which decals?

• [Paint] All Black
    • [Paint] Black and White
    • [Paint] All Blue
    • [Paint] Blue and Black
    • [Decals] '88-'90 Style ELIMINATOR on the bedside
    • [Decals] '91-'92 Style ELIMINATOR "shadowed" on the doors

POLL RULES: Pick an option from the [Paint] section. Then also pick a option from the [Decals] section.

Looking for pics of Eliminators with the factory paint/decals still. The time to have mine painted is approaching it seems and I can not decide between colors or decals. Right now it has the older style decals of it saying ELIMINATOR on the side of the bed, even though it is a '91 and should have it "shadowed" on the doors. The main problem is that finding decal kits are near impossible if not so. Also not sure if when I have it painted it will be all black, black and white, all spinnaker blue, or spinnaker blue and black. No matter what color scheme, the bumpers and flares will be black. If I go with two colors I will probably put 3 or 4 pinstripes above the bottom color so it is more like the original setup and isn't a flat cutoff line.

So lets see em! I'll start...

All black...

Black and White...

Blue and Black mock-up (will have black decals, thanks for the base image Jeep Man! Hope ya don't mind. :thumbsup: )

Image Not Found

Let the posting begin!

~Alex

EDIT: Added an all blue poll option.

Joe;

Get out there and clean that garage out! She's too pretty to sit out in the weather. :cheers:

Don,

That used to be how it was, but now in the corner of the garage lives my wife's tanning bed, and her 1998 SL500 so there isn't anymore room for my Jeep. The upside to that is California weather is real good to outdoor vehicles, and because I am limited to one vehicle my wife knows not to complain about what I spend on the Comanche :yes: the downside is many of us Californian's can't afford the land we need to collect Jeeps :mad: .

I can't tell you how many rust free jeeps I could have bought, but had no place to park them. The latest was a 1976 3/4 ton J20 4X4 with a 401 for $4,500 with perfect levi interior! From one old Navy guy to another you have to weigh out carefully where you decide to drop anchor and make a port your home.

I had the same issues you are having with mine, no shadowed decals available, and my colors were limited because of costs. I opted for just the old style "Eliminator" on the bed, and retained the original color for cost considerations.

23659430046_large.jpg

That thing is sharp, and do I spy clear front corners? ;) It is practically a cleaner looking twin of mine. Hard to believe that is the same size lift as mine, looks bigger.

~Alex

Thanks Alex, those are clear corners, but the only significant difference in my lift is the 3 inch Hellcreek metric tonne, it sits one inch higher than the front which are the RE 3.5 inch springs. Listen to the others on this board for this lift and don't forget to go with the YJ front brake lines, and the 95 Dakota rear break hose, and don't forget a good track bar. :cheers: Spinnaker Blue is my absolute favorite color and with my blue/gray interior would have worked very well. Painting in all the required hard to get at places made it impossible for me to afford the Spinnaker blue option, but if i had bank I would have done that!

Don,

That used to be how it was, but now in the corner of the garage lives my wife's tanning bed, and her 1998 SL500 so there isn't anymore room for my Jeep. The upside to that is California weather is real good to outdoor vehicles, and because I am limited to one vehicle my wife knows not to complain about what I spend on the Comanche :yes: the downside is many of us Californian's can't afford the land we need to collect Jeeps :mad: .

I can't tell you how many rust free jeeps I could have bought, but had no place to park them. The latest was a 1976 3/4 ton J20 4X4 with a 401 for $4,500 with perfect levi interior! From one old Navy guy to another you have to weigh out carefully where you decide to drop anchor and make a port your home.

Can't tell me the the hot Vallejo sun beatin' down on that pretty black paint is good shipmate. :eek: Luckily I have a fairly large 2-car garage with a well-equipped doghouse above to escape into. It was the first thing I built when I bought this place . Of course the Commander's car is in there too, but I have the bigger side. :D It'll be nice when the two daughters finally leave for good, then I'll have some more room for another rig. One will be commissioned next fall (Army nurse); the other has three more years on her USAF scholarship. I spent a lot of time of your way with NAVELEX Vallejo, but didn't care for it - too many weird folks out there for my taste. I fit in better here in Redneck land. Cheaper here too. :cheers:

Don,

Can't tell me the the hot Vallejo sun beatin' down on that pretty black paint is good shipmate. :eek: Luckily I have a fairly large 2-car garage with a well-equipped doghouse above to escape into. It was the first thing I built when I bought this place . Of course the Commander's car is in there too, but I have the bigger side. :D It'll be nice when the two daughters finally leave for good, then I'll have some more room for another rig. One will be commissioned next fall (Army nurse); the other has three more years on her USAF scholarship. I spent a lot of time of your way with NAVELEX Vallejo, but didn't care for it - too many weird folks out there for my taste. I fit in better here in Redneck land. Cheaper here too. :cheers:

Don,

Lots of freaks in Vallejo that is absolutely the truth, but I live in Glen Cove right next to Benicia (Kook free), but the sun is less frequent than the clouds around here. Congratulations to your daughters for their service. My wife and I are looking to retire to country that suits her Arabian horse fancy and well that will also support my stray Jeep fancy. In the mean time I am stuck here, with the smell of Admiral Farragut's Eucalyptus trees, and the smell of his bamboo shoots, and an ocean that beckons a seaman. If that sounds like the US Navy to you then you will know that's home whereever that might be. :cheers:

Don,

Lots of freaks in Vallejo that is absolutely the truth, but I live in Glen Cove right next to Benicia (Kook free), but the sun is less frequent than the clouds around here. Congratulations to your daughters for their service. My wife and I are looking to retire to country that suits her Arabian horse fancy and well that will also support my stray Jeep fancy. In the mean time I am stuck here, with the smell of Admiral Farragut's Eucalyptus trees, and the smell of his bamboo shoots, and an ocean that beckons a seaman. If that sounds like the US Navy to you then you will know that's home whereever that might be. :cheers:

LOL, you almost make it sound good Joe. :D I remember when I got out of the USN in Norfolk, I put an anchor on my shoulder and started walking inland. When I got to Richmond, someone asked what was I carrying, and I immediately decided to live there. :D Didn't last too long though 'cause I missed it, went back in the USN, then spent many great years working as a USN civilian all over. Best tour of course was Subic as you know well. :D Ah well, still have the "ocean" in the back yard - just doesn't have any salt. Anyhow, that's a fine looking HO Eliminator you have Joe; you've done a super job with it. Not too many 4WD MJ E-models left. :cheers:

Back on topic: Alex, voted for the "'91-'92 Style ELIMINATOR "shadowed" on the doors" option, keep it black, but add chrome door handles and mirrors. Would look great w. the wheels and roll bar you have IMNSHO. :cheers:

add chrome door handles and mirrors.

Not too big on chrome, if I had my way the rollbar and bullbar would be black, but I hate to ruin good chrome. I might toss em on though if I find em, might make em stand out a bit better.

I think you should still do the reflective decals though.. I wonder if Spencer can do red in reflective...

If I can get em, they will be reflective for sure. And I'm sure he could do red for ya, but he said he doesn't like to do the reflective much since it dulls the die quicker. Thats why they cost a bit more. I got a deal with my original white ones since he had some laying around from a previous order that fell through. XD

~Alex

CALLING ALL '91-'92 ELIMINATOR OWNERS!

I talked with Spencer about getting the shadowed decals made up but he said it would be best if we could get an outline of the real ones from the trucks. What he would need is some craft paper rub transfers basically. He said he had someone do this with the Pioneer ones already for him. You'd lay the paper along the side of the truck and then use a stick of graphite or something and just rub over them. I would think the door section with the Eliminator wording, and the sections against the rear flare front and back would suffice. Then we could figure the length of the stripes easy enough. And only one set would need to be done since both the lighter and darker decals are the same.

If no one is able to do this then we will work this out as best we can like him and I did with the older style ELIMINATOR ones.

Thanks

~Alex

I think i have what you need. Look at project Frankienstien under MJ builds and if thats it let me know and ill have to get some stuff to get them traced for ya.

That is exactly what I'm looking for. If you could get those traced that would be a great help. :clapping:

~Alex

Yea ill send the wife to walmart for the stuff we need and get on them tonite. I am going to assume you want both sides. :chillin:

Both sides would be great, really only need the bedside decals from one side though since they are the same. If you could also get a straight on pic of both doors that would probably help a lot too. Thanks.

~Alex

Hey girsmj86

We tried to get a rub of those decales but their just one big sticker no texture to pickup the distance between the lines.

After some thought we are going to set a tape measure on them and see if i can get some good shots of the lines with the mesurments betwwen the lines and what not. Drop me a pm if you don't think this will work or if you have a better idea