anyone know where to find the metric ton badging

Lewt2007

Not every Big Ton/Metric Tonne MJ has it. (my 86 doesn't) Some of them have only a sticker in the back window. Although we can't be sure that wasn't a dealer thing.

Hey Pete, does plastic rust in MI? If so, maybe it's gone. :D It's a regulation AMC / Mopar factory part and is (was) located on the lower right corner of the tailgate.

Some of them have only a sticker in the back window. Although we can't be sure that wasn't a dealer thing.

According to the parts manual, the decal on the back window said BIG TON in caps, then underneath had the numeral "2205". I'm guessing payload?

There was also a decal available for the back window "OFF ROAD PACKAGE". No idea on this, maybe D44 equipped. Interesting...........

According to the brochures, the Offroad packages didn't come with the 44. That came with Big Tons and Towing prep packages.

So what came with the off road package? 4WD, D35, D30 only?

Looking at my factory order sheet at this exact moment, Off road pkg includes: gas shocks, 225 tires, fullsize spare, skid plate pkg, tow hooks, and 15x7 white styled wheels.

There is a member here whose avatar is the "Big Ton - 2205lbs. Payload" sticker. Can't remember who it is........

[

Lewt, you have the D44 but do you have the MT springs? You could get a D44 w/out the MT pkg.

it had the heavy rear springs when i got it but as of now the rear springs have been replaced with the ones out from under the front of a Jeep J20 3/4 ton truck. but it didn't have the build sheet with it when i got it had been used by a tree service

[

Lewt, you have the D44 but do you have the MT springs? You could get a D44 w/out the MT pkg.

it had the heavy rear springs when i got it but as of now the rear springs have been replaced with the ones out from under the front of a Jeep J20 3/4 ton truck. but it didn't have the build sheet with it when i got it had been used by a tree service

Are those J20 springs bolt on or did you have to fab some new mounting brackets?

[

Are those J20 springs bolt on or did you have to fab some new mounting brackets?

full leaf pack with the eyes cut off bolted to Comanche main leaf with a 2 in add a leaf added to them

[

full leaf pack with the eyes cut off bolted to Comanche main leaf with a 2 in add a leaf added to them

Damn!

From the 88 brochure. The offroad package comes with: gas shocks, 225 tires, steel rims, full spare tire, skid plates, and tow hooks.

Thanks Pete. Have to get me some of those brochures. :cheers:

Don, what's amazing is that was a $796! option in 1988. Wow! That's a lot of jack for about $100 worth of parts, errr, $50 worth of parts.....maybe!

FYI, I got my mint 1988 sales brocure on eBay for @$10 delivered.