WTB: 97+ XJ 2 Door Master Window Switch

Backdraft

Nevermind guys. I found one on ebay for a decent price. Now to task finding an intact trim/bezel for it, or an entire door panel from a 2dr with power for a decent price. If anyone has a line on that, Id be interested.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking as well and noticed that there are several switches on eBay that are noted as coming from 97-98 Xj's and they are NOT integrated into the door switch panel, they are separate units... so the earlier ones were console mounted?? Anyone have a picture of where? I'd use the console mounted one but don't know where the factory mounting location is... :dunno:

check out ebay item number: 400106355572

The mirror adjuster is not in that switch, it is usually mounted in the center console. I need a 2 door switch also, but I'm in no hurry, as the 4 door one works just fine.

I've been looking as well and noticed that there are several switches on eBay that are noted as coming from 97-98 Xj's and they are NOT integrated into the door switch panel, they are separate units... so the earlier ones were console mounted?? Anyone have a picture of where? I'd use the console mounted one but don't know where the factory mounting location is... :dunno:

That switch is for NON Power windows and ONLY power Mirrors and it is still attached to the drivers door for anything 97-01 but I have yet to see anything 00-01 without power windows...

MY MJ conversion has power mirrors ONLY and I have this switch you listed from Ebay...

Gotcha - that makes sense. I have never seen a 97-98 interior, or at least never noticed that power windows combined with window cranks. Were you able to obtain the factory wiring to make the power mirror conversion on you MJ work or did you swap the entire wiring harness? I'm sitting on a '99 XJ parts truck with a driveline conversion in mind for my '88 MJ, but have inclination to swap in the XJ interior as well...have been looking for info and people who have done these conversions, but after reading Project Onyx I was ready to go back to building Novas!

Any chance you documented your converstion on the site or can tell me (in a nutshell) what it took to do the conversion and how long? Did you swap EVERYTHING interior included or did you keep your interior stock and run the wiring harnesses to where they needed to be?

And how did you make the gas tank set-up work? did you use the comanche gas tank with a different fuel sending unit/pick-up or were you able to get the system to work properly while keeping the stock tank? Any info would help ~ thanks!

That switch is for NON Power windows and ONLY power Mirrors and it is still attached to the drivers door for anything 97-01 but I have yet to see anything 00-01 without power windows...

MY MJ conversion has power mirrors ONLY and I have this switch you listed from Ebay...