Mistress Moneypit

Holy Hell! I love driving my truck now! It just feels right, ya know. Anyway I bought a new turn signal switch and I'll get a Lock plate removal tool this weekend so I can put it in. Then I'll be legal. (At least legal-ish)

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are few higher quality shots of my new interior.

I can't express how happy I am with it, and how much better it makes driving my Jeep.

I also got my new turn signal switch in. What a pain in the @$$ this was, but anyway I have turn signals now.

The old one.

The new one.

Now I can use my turn signals from my bucket seat! :banana:

OK, so I replaced my termostat, put a driver-side mirror on, threw some paint on some stuff, and put new window seals in. I also tested my O2 sensor and its bad. So I'll pick one up tomorrow and hopefully after that all my issues will be solved and it'll run right again.

Do u drive it on the road with out a sway bar? If u do how does it ride?

I drive on the road with a swaybar. A V8 ZJ swaybar. It handles way better on the road with a swaybar I would never recommend no swaybar to anyone.

:cheers: I fixed my Jeep.

So in trying to find the problem I've replaced.

O2 Sensor

Thermastat

Air Filter

Vacuum Lines

Plugs

Wires

Disc Cap

Rotor

The problem?

A loose electrical connector on the #6 injector.

Well at least everything is new.

:banana:

I bought a deck on craigslist for $50 and it came with an IPOD adapter. All I wanted was a Pioneer deck since I had wired my truck for one, and one that played MP3 cd's. I think I got a great deal on this combo.

Before

Deck Installed

My badass Ipod setup.

A lot of cord for the plug is tucked back into the center console so it could be held in my hand or the passengers hand.

I havent wired the power or ground for it yet (those are the yellow and black wires you can see in the photo.) I'm real happy with how everything turned out.

looks like what's in the dash is different than what's on the box. just curious, what actual model # did you end up with? also, what other equipment do you have in there right now, i.e. speakers, sub(s), and/or amps? i have a 3900MP and I'm curious if the one you have has some of the same features as mine. i love my deck, great features, good power etc.. LOL, I also got mine for $50 but on ebay. :thumbsup:

very keen observation wahoo. I hadnt noticed it was different then the one pictured on the box. The deck is actually a DEH-P3800MP. So its even better than what I thought. Cool. All 4 speakers are Kicker brand component speakers. No sub or amp. I just want some music. I'm not concerned about bass in my wheeler.

Well I think you are going to be even happier you have ended up with the 3800 because it has some features the 3700 doesn't have, but one in particular that IMO is badass. I have the 3900, which is the same deck as the 3800, just the next year's model. I looked up the specs on the 3800 and I didn't see anything different, I think the only differences are cosmetic.

IF you want some cheap kick @$$ bass, you can do it with just that deck and no need to add an amp. You can actually use either one 2 ohm sub, a pair of 4 ohm subs, or one 4 ohm dual voice coil sub. I got a Bazooka 6.5" tube with dual voice coils, but you could do something in a wedge box or whatever. I liked the 6.5" Bazooka because it is pretty small and doesn't need a lot of power, but I'll tell you what, in that little cab it will blow you away what it can do. Anyhoo, all you have to do is hook up the sub using just the right rear channel (purple wires I think) and it will bridge the rears for 70w at 2 ohms. That's peak watts, the manual didn't say what RMS was, but I guess it's around 40w, but at 2 ohms that's a strong 40w. And even better you can still keep your other 4 speakers, depending what ohm rating they have you just wire them in series or parallel off of the front channels, the deck will handle 4-8 ohms. Hit the high pass filter for those, send all the bass to the sub, and you're jammin. Amazing little deck!

I got my Bazooka on ebay for $60 shipped (used), new you can get one for under $100, but there are lots of killer 8" DVC subs (just the speaker, no box) on ebay for $50-75 and a box will only set you back $25. So for $100 or less and no real install or wiring hassle you'll have some impressive thump in your cab.

You may already know all of this, if so, sorry to bore you. But, I just thought I'd share if maybe you didn't. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...