Mistress Moneypit

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Pics of my fender trimming. I got of set of MJ flares from the u-pull it that were blue so I had to paint them. I sprayed them with rattle-can bedliner and they came out really good. I sprayed my rear flares too to match.

Cut

Bed-lined Flare

Mounted and cut to fit. - Done!

Came out really good in my opinion.

Mine and my buddy's MJ work truck. Just in case anyone cared.

Any of you see the stick built RTI ramp over in the DIY section? Well I tested it out for him.

I was a little scary to say the least but it held long enough I guess. I also mounted my rear diff cover I'll get a picture of that today.

They're called U-Bolt Eliminators. I love um, You can find them on the tntcustoms site. they are available in .5 inch to 1.5 inches I'm running the 1.5" set with stock springs and an sitting at 7.5 also prevents axle wrap.

here's the link

http://www.tntcustoms.com/page.asp?pageid=158

Awesome!

Looks like they don't make them for the 8.8 tubes (I think their 3" in diameter IIRC :headpop: )

EDIT: I found em for 3" tubes! yipppeee :cheers:

Oh and flip your darn shocks over you hooligan! :nuts:

Your shocks are upside down. On a hydro shock you want the body of the shock on the bottom. They may last longer if you flip them.

I had to mount them that way because the body of the shock interfered with the tabs on the axle. I had a rancho shock i tested it out with and the body on that one didnt hit. These shocks are temporary until i get Bilstein 5150's ( :drool: )

• 2 weeks later...

I like the ZJ sway bar!!

My neighbor has a V8 ZJ.. maybe I'll have a new bar too!! :roll: :brows: I have wanted to "scoot" it about 1/2-3/4" forward for some time. I could do both at once!!

Did it make a big difference driving?

I will be waiting for your write up!! GREAT idea!!! I may have to follow your lead.....

CW

I like the ZJ sway bar!!

My neighbor has a V8 ZJ.. maybe I'll have a new bar too!! :roll: :brows: I have wanted to "scoot" it about 1/2-3/4" forward for some time. I could do both at once!!

Did it make a big difference driving?

CW

It made a big difference. Less nose lift on acceleration. Less nose dive while braking. Flatter cornering and a more stable and precise steering feel. Everyone should do that mod. Its so easy and so cheap. It's the best $12 I've ever spent!

Ok so I have all four corners trimmed, got my rearview mirrow back on, got a fullsize spare, and got my speedo working.

Still need to do,

Build rear bumper

Fix idle

Rock Rails

Still want to do,

Buckets

On-board Air

Rollbar/exocage

4:1 T-case

blah blah blah

My truck is all loaded up and I'm going on a shakedown run tomorrow at Browns Camp. I've logged in several hundred miles on pavement. So i'm hoping i won't have any surprises tomorrow.

So my shakedown run was a great success. No problems, great performace off road, I even did a few things I told myself i wasnt going to do, since things were going so well. I went out with mulipurposemj and he banged up his rockers a little but my only damage was breaking off and losing my drivers side mirror.

Here are a few shots.

ben's (mulipurposemj) damage

can't wait to go out again!

If I had any power around here, I would remove this pic. Showing something like that is in poor taste and to think that you would be drinking while wheeling is just disgraceful. Drinkin' & Jeepin' do not mix :roll:

If I had any power around here, I would remove this pic. Showing something like that is in poor taste and to think that you would be drinking while wheeling is just disgraceful. Drinkin' & Jeepin' do not mix :roll:

Dude chillax. As you can see in that photo we were somewhere very remote. it does not show me drinking and driving. that could have been anyone's beer. what if we were camping? and if you had any power around here i'm sure you'd make it much more friendly for all the little girls who are building MJ's.

Cheers :cheers: