led light bars, will it ever end?

Pete M

well?  did you try it in the dark?
I did. It was pretty bright but I didn't have my xj to compare it to my other light bar. I drove my xj to work tonight. I'll try it in 6 or 8 hours.
I'll do a 20' shine against a somewhat dark building to show the light pattern comparison then when I get home I'll shine further out across my yard

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Just as bright, if not a little brighter, because of the beam pattern than my expensive bar!

I'll get pics in a bit.
For $55,if it lasts a year it's worth it.
Other one has lasted 3 years but gotten moisture in it.not sure if from manufacturer error or if I hit a limb with it and opened it up.
They have horrible customer service so I know I won't buy anything else from them...

Not sure what I'm going to do with this on though...

My xj is on a slight decline so the light doesn't shine as far out as it does going down a level road but this is still a good comparison.

My FCK light bar is a $350 50", eBay is a $55 52".0e63d2e8ab756118192027026f785ff8.jpg3aab24db647aa7c8048ef069841b77eb.jpg

EBay has a wider pattern since it has floor patterns on each side while the FCK is all spot pattern. So for this reason, FCK shines a little further.

assuming longevity is the same (which is hard for me to even type since it can be very hard to predict that with electronics), if both were stolen tonight which do you think you'd go with as a replacement?

assuming longevity is the same (which is hard for me to even type since it can be very hard to predict that with electronics), if both were stolen tonight which do you think you'd go with as a replacement?
I honestly wouldn't even buy another one lol. Id spend money on something useful.
But if they both last 10 years and I had to buy another one, id buy the eBay one. Especially with how bad FCKs customer service is.

I like my little 22" bar, stays out of the way, it's very useful on dark windy mountain roads. 

The cubes are getting replaced with something useful though...........PIAA more than likely.

S3sxime.jpg
Nice looking truck.
I have a 20" on my bumper with pods next to it and flush mount pods as my head lights

couldn't resist the cheapness :D  so we got a 20"er for the liberty.  tucked it up under the bumper. still debating removing that little bit of the bumper in front of it.  it really adds to the light output of the Jeep, even with high beams on.  but way too bright for use around traffic.  

23621221_2004607839554624_47223544489012

and since I had the giant one lying around, I could help but see where it might go.  it's waaaay too long for above the roof (probably a 40"er could go there) but it matches the curve of the front bumper quite well :D   I'll likely never get one, but if I ever get to drive this Jeep out west again, I'd be hard pressed not to seriously consider it.  75mph on a freeway in the middle of antelope country needs every bit of light I can muster.  :comanche:

23621456_2004614839553924_14563057082195

• 3 months later...