led light bars, will it ever end?

Pete M

so I'm perusing the internet for a gift for a buddy and stumbled upon some unbelievably cheap (probably for good reason :grinyes: ) 52" triple row light bars for dirt cheap.  I had no intention of clicking on it, let alone buying them, but one  number stood out to me so I had to take a closer look... 2871W!! :eek:   holy crap!  seriously, how fast would that suck the battery out of his truck?    :laugh:  So I thought maybe it's an exaggeration.  I know that lumens-inflation is a real problem in this market.   

by the way, they are claiming over 400,000 lumens.  thems a lot of blindyness.  :cool:

Just looked it up...
Ip68 waterproof rating is good. Better than the "cheap" ones with ip67 rating.
AND a 5 year warranty. Which is more than most.
Site was asking $59 for the 52". I offered $40. Still not bad for a 52"

All the light bars and pods I have are from FCKlightbars and extremely bright and high quality.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, krustyballer16 said:

Just looked it up...
Ip68 waterproof rating is good. Better than the "cheap" ones with ip67 rating.
AND a 5 year warranty. Which is more than most.
Site was asking $59 for the 52". I offered $40. Still not bad for a 52"

All the light bars and pods I have are from FCKlightbars and extremely bright and high quality.

what's the plan for powering that bad boy :D 

Is this 2871W worth of actual LEDs or 2871W equivalent? If it's the latter the draw will be less. A lot less. If this portable death ray actually draws 2871W... holy crap. That's a lot of LEDs.
Says 261leds at 11watts per.... I'll find out in a week or so

I seriously doubt they have a clue what they've got, but it'd possible for the ratios to be off since different LEDs put out different amounts of light per watt.  better LEDs will use less power to obtain the same lumens.  watts is just power suckage, lumens is the light output.

I still say they are full of it. :D  

on the subject of lightbars, I went in with a couple more friends to buy my buddy a big honkin' light bar for his big honkin' f250. :D we went with a lower lumen claim (70k) but with a better lens claim (4d).  still cheap as hell though (60 bucks and comes with wire harness).  oh, and a couple small LED pods for bed/backup lights.  I'm infinitely curious as to how the main bar would compare to the mini-sun you got.  :brows:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4D-Curved-52inch-700W-LED-Work-Light-Bar-Combo-Offroad-Truck-SUV-4WD-Jeep-Wiring/192318049137

I'm going to chime in with my light bar..... i love it. Its mounted just at/ below the top of the roof line. If its angled properly don't get any wind noise anymore, but a load in the bed can change the angle and the noise begins. Mine has a breather vent and hasn’t had any moisture issues. It also claims to be a 5d setup i think, (has both a reflector and lenses). As for the amp draw the seller i bought mine from said its the theoretical max amp draw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk