Rear facing LED pod setup?

Blue88Comanche

Depends how crazy you want to get. I picked up a 110vac/12vdc shop light from Lowe’s. It has a built in transformer from 110 to 12V and it’s 10 watts with a pigtail that plugs into the cigarette lighter. I recently used it at my cabin to empty a bunch of stuff before the tweakers tried to move in again. I got my generator and some other goodies away then found it broken into when I went back a couple days later. They didn’t get much other than my O2 bottle (and left the full one behind) and the upright part of my manual tire machine. (I have the rest of the parts needed for it so it’s useless to them) They got a dying 700 watt inverter (I got a 1400 watt replacement for $35)
They didn’t get the dvr but I had to reposition the cameras to catch better video for proof to the police about who’s doing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since this is The Pub, I'll just add check your local laws.  This is illegal in some states.

In AZ, all rear facing lights must be red, except the license plate lights and backup lights.  And, we can't have more than 2 backup lights.  Depending on your state you may need a way to cover them or flip them down during on-road use.

Depends how crazy you want to get. I picked up a 110vac/12vdc shop light from Lowe’s. It has a built in transformer from 110 to 12V and it’s 10 watts with a pigtail that plugs into the cigarette lighter. I recently used it at my cabin to empty a bunch of stuff before the tweakers tried to move in again. I got my generator and some other goodies away then found it broken into when I went back a couple days later. They didn’t get much other than my O2 bottle (and left the full one behind) and the upright part of my manual tire machine. (I have the rest of the parts needed for it so it’s useless to them) They got a dying 700 watt inverter (I got a 1400 watt replacement for $35)
They didn’t get the dvr but I had to reposition the cameras to catch better video for proof to the police about who’s doing it.

I think we have two completely different topics in mind lol

On the Comanche, I wanted to use my led pods and or light bar, but I wasn’t sure if anyone had experience with and bed mounted light rack or similar

For what purpose are these rearward facing lights to be used for? Camping? Off-road at night? I have a bright LED light at the cargo lamp location for illumination in the camper shell. W/o a shell that would be a good place to mount an LED pod.

2.jpg.7fb0c33bb14288cc3d2aacda72d489a8.jpg

For what purpose are these rearward facing lights to be used for? Camping? Off-road at night? I have a bright LED light at the cargo lamp location for illumination in the camper shell. W/o a shell that would be a good place to mount an LED pod.

2.jpg.7fb0c33bb14288cc3d2aacda72d489a8.jpg

It said i don't have permission to view the attachment..

But it will be for bed lighting, camping, general use sorta thing. I like the amount of light i have out front but eventually i want the ability to have as near 360 degree coverage as possible in the future.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It said i don't have permission to view the attachment..

But it will be for bed lighting, camping, general use sorta thing. I like the amount of light i have out front but eventually i want the ability to have as near 360 degree coverage as possible in the future.

Edit: now that i quoted it i can see it... strange..

e464814ed9e48551bd7cb0fa63c79eed.jpg

781d39856f9f604aaa0da5bcc88cdb88.jpg

c27febd17c00b30a8e6ea2ed0d8a9e2f.jpg

This is the Utilitech LED 12vdc with 110 work lamp. We used it with my almost 20 year old jumper pack to light up under the house and at my cabin to light the yard to do work for almost an hour. I have a bracket to mount it inside the cab with a flip down to shine into the bed.

I was just illustrating that headache racks and service trucks and 4Xs are seen all the time will rear facing utility lights/backup lights. 

As long as you don't abuse/use on public roadways..........can't imagine anyone giving you a hassle. 

Mine will be drop-down/hidden under the bed........can't wait to get to the fun stuff.

I was just illustrating that headache racks and service trucks and 4Xs are seen all the time will rear facing utility lights/backup lights. 

As long as you don't abuse/use on public roadways..........can't imagine anyone giving you a hassle. 

Mine will be drop-down/hidden under the bed........can't wait to get to the fun stuff.

That’s what I’m looking for. Where you going to build one, or did you have a commercially available version in mind?

my buddy just bought a pair of these for his truck.  putting one on either side mounted to the rear surface of the cab above the rear window.  should work great as both bed lights as well as extra backup lights if needed.  all of 11 bucks shipped.

s-l1600.jpg