Bare 7126 casting 4.0L head $30 and Other 4.0 stuff 98290

carnuck

I tried to edit the headline but couldn’t

I have a 4.0L 7120 casting head that was pulled, hot tanked clean then all the valves, springs and rockers were lost.

It has some rust scale on it now but it was flat and uncracked when it was put away.

I also have a core 4.0L bottom end (from a 90’s HO rig they never got running due to bad fuel) for $75 complete with oilpan. I have access to several local salvage yards and auto part stores where it can be dropped off for core to be rebuilt.

I also have an ‘84 4.2L crank that was ground 10/20 and balanced but needs ground again (rust because the roof wasn’t repaired) and the lighter 4.2L connecting rods for a stroker build. $100 or a package deal can be made.

I’m cleaning out all my stuff because I’m tired of thieves stealing what I worked hard for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can't get much lower than a thief in my opinion. I actually had a a reconditioned 4.2 crank stolen from me once along with multiple other things but have replaced it. I paid quite a bit more than you're asking and that's without the rods so someone's going to get a good deal. The 4.2 rods allow you to use regular 4.0 pistons if I remember correctly.

You can't get much lower than a thief in my opinion. I actually had a a reconditioned 4.2 crank stolen from me once along with multiple other things but have replaced it. I paid quite a bit more than you're asking and that's without the rods so someone's going to get a good deal. The 4.2 rods allow you to use regular 4.0 pistons if I remember correctly.

That is correct, but the 2.5L pistons sit a little higher in the bore to increase compression yet reduce ping due to better squish.

I wanted more compression yet for running lpg but my motor will never get done now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived