86 Swap crossmember

I've gotten to the point in my 86 2.5 manual to 95 4.0 auto swap, that I need to bolt the tranny in. Being an 86 it doesn't have holes/plugs/studs to mount the crossmember. I'm having a hard time locating it left to right and was wondering if anyone could give me some mesurements. I made a drawing looking for two dimensions and if it's mirrored on the other side. Any help would be apreciated.59e4f4e5e0d22_2017-10-1607_04_25.thumb.jpg.8ee5cce19654e4297d28d9c7a7d502e4.jpg

Are you trying to use the 86 cross member to support the new AW4? It would be better to grab a cross member from a 87 and up MJ, bolt in the new  95 4.0 after you mod the firewall for clearance (you might have to mod the engine mounts too), bolt on the AW4 supported with jacks, slide the 87 cross member under, then install the new AW4 transmission mount and see where the cross member holes fall out on the frame rails.

Your 86 cross member won't have the correct AW4 transmission mount holes.

HOrnbrod, thanks for your reply. So far, I have swapped the engine using a 95 xj frame horns and mounts, modified the firewall (with a bfh), the trannys connected to the engine and the crossmembers connected to the tranny. The crossmember is from the 95 xy along with everything else. The problem is that there's allot of movement under there. I can basically push the whole tranny three inches side to side and the crossmember an inch forward or back. I'm just trying to find the best location before I commit and start poking holes or welding.

Roger. If you have the engine/AW4 bolted in with the AW4 tranny mount bolted to both the tranny and cross member, how are you getting an inch of front-to-back movement? On my 91 LWB w. I6 and AW4, the cross member is centered between the frame rails. See it this LWB frame drawing helps at all:

59e76b3e59399_LWBFrame.thumb.jpg.f1e6b405eb31d72637bcb9a96b171d24.jpg