Wanted- interior lights.

SteveO

There was someone selling a set in the "for sale" section that were factory but like all 20+ year old plastic, they were brittle.  

Edit: found the better one that I got. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AMDAR20/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_BqfZzbEME6Z8P

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Universal-12V-Auto-Courtesy-Flip-Light-Made-in-USA-/222657638351

Here is a set that will work with very minor trimming to the hole to fit.  These are the type of light most guys use for replacements.  I myself got a set from the same company (euramtec) that were titled as being for the Comanche and had a third pin for the door switches to activate the light.  I am really happy with my set. I couldn't find a set specifically stated as for the Comanche but these are pretty much the same and will fit.  These also fit in other vehicles too, oddly enough, one of them is the DeLorean. 

31 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

There was someone selling a set in the "for sale" section that were factory but like all 20+ year old plastic, they were brittle.  

Edit: found the better one that I got. 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01AMDAR20/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_BqfZzbEME6Z8P

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Universal-12V-Auto-Courtesy-Flip-Light-Made-in-USA-/222657638351

Here is a set that will work with very minor trimming to the hole to fit.  These are the type of light most guys use for replacements.  I myself got a set from the same company (euramtec) that were titled as being for the Comanche and had a third pin for the door switches to activate the light.  I am really happy with my set. I couldn't find a set specifically stated as for the Comanche but these are pretty much the same and will fit.  These also fit in other vehicles too, oddly enough, one of them is the DeLorean. 

Great information . Thank you, I will look into it. I do not need oem, just light. Sounds like I will most likely try these out. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rear cargo area lights from the boxy S10 blazer work too. That's what I have on my 89. I have the Euramtecs on the 91. Both required about the same amount of trimming and I'm pretty sure you could interchange them after you trimmed for one. The Blazer lights seem a bit brighter than both the Euramtec and OEM. The Blazer lights have a convenient switch on them instead of turning the bezel.

Euramtec in the top right corner:

zPO32Xxl.jpg

Blazer (credit to schardein for the idea)

N6L9IP3l.jpg

1 hour ago, Minuit said:

Rear cargo area lights from the boxy S10 blazer work too. That's what I have on my 89. I have the Euramtecs on the 91. Both required about the same amount of trimming and I'm pretty sure you could interchange them after you trimmed for one. The Blazer lights seem a bit brighter than both the Euramtec and OEM. The Blazer lights have a convenient switch on them instead of turning the bezel.

Euramtec in the top right corner:

zPO32Xxl.jpg

Blazer (credit to schardein for the idea)

N6L9IP3l.jpg

I changed the bulbs in my Euramtec ones to LED (cheap from Amazon) and they are crazy bright.  Bright enough to light the cab by themselves. 

Screenshot_20171006-143048.png

18 minutes ago, Dzimm said:

I changed the bulbs in my Euramtec ones to LED (cheap from Amazon) and they are crazy bright.  Bright enough to light the cab by themselves.

Would these fit into the stock pillar lights? Just curious.

11 minutes ago, Skorpyo said:
  Would these fit into the stock pillar lights? Just curious.

I belive those are longer. Here is a post with the LED equivalents on it for the factory MJ lights. Search Amazon for the bulb size with the term "LED" and it should come up. I'm guessing it will still be a festoon style bulb like I posted above for the Euramtec lights. 

Edit: fixed link

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk