OEM Bedliner + Rollbar?

I have a SWB 1988 with a newly aquired OEM liner from another MJ. I'm wondering if anyone knows if a factory rollbar will fit with the factory Bedliner installed...

It seems to take up a couple of inches on either side, which is just enough to prevent me from reinstalling the rollbar I had on there before. (From an uknown vehicle, it never really fit anyway)

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

my opinion... it took me months to find a bedliner that didn't have holes cut into it.  ended up with a non-oem, but it is cherry.  

cutting holes means rain and crap gets underneath and, to me, defeats the purpose.  just my opinion though. :thumbsup: 

I've looked through some of my old MJ literature and didn't see any with both, but I'm sure someone has combined the 2.

2 minutes ago, Pete M said:

my opinion... it took me months to find a bedliner that didn't have holes cut into it.  ended up with a non-oem, but it is cherry.  

cutting holes means rain and crap gets underneath and, to me, defeats the purpose.  just my opinion though. :thumbsup: 

How does it fit? any pics? and what brand?

19 minutes ago, Pete M said:

I agree 110%. Cutting into an OEM bed liner should be a hanging offense.

3 hours ago, Strokermjcomanche said:

They won't fit together , I tried . Both the sportbar and Bedliner were factory . 

This was 20 years ago when I didn't know any better please don't hang me .... 

I guess we could say you're past the statute of limitations ... :peep:

On 9/16/2017 at 11:44 PM, Jeep Driver said:

How does it fit? any pics? and what brand?

yup, it's a duraliner.  my MJ trailer is full of stuff at the moment so I didn't snap a pic unless you want to see something in particular.

They won't fit together , I tried . Both the sportbar and Bedliner were factory . 

This was 20 years ago when I didn't know any better please don't hang me .... 
Bummer, OK thanks. Really wanted the
COMANCHE lettering showing under the rollbar but I guess I'll just be happy I scored the liner after a few years of looking...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat. 

I've got a factory rollbar pending install and was looking at possibly installing it in conjunction with my bedliner, which is an OEM under-the-rail SWB liner with 'COMANCHE' lettering.  I've also got an over-the-rail SWB liner made by Pendaliner, with 'Pendaliner' lettering, which I believe was the OEM.  Neither will work in conjunction with a factory rollbar, muchless any other kind. 

You'd need to cut the liner substantially just to do the install, which would allow debris to accumulate under it over time.  If you wanted to be able to remove the liner without removing the rollbar, to clean said debris, you're cutting way more of the liner to accomplish that.  Either way, cutting the liner inhibits it's ability to keep the bed free of debris, as it was designed to do. 

After much consideration, I'm going to do a spray-in liner prior to installing the rollbar.  Both of my drop-in liners are going up for sale on the forum at some point, I don't have the heart to cut either of them.  If anybody wants one now, PM me.  I'm in York, PA.

On 9/18/2017 at 3:38 PM, Pete M said:

yup, it's a duraliner.  my MJ trailer is full of stuff at the moment so I didn't snap a pic unless you want to see something in particular.

Thanks, appreciate it. 

I'll do the sprayon from LineX or other. Just keeping an open mind about alternatives.