NEW Production Comanche Enamel Pins and Patches!

acerocknroll

Hey guys, Pete said it would be cool if I posted this in the Pub as well as vendors.

So I got tired of fruitlessly searching for more Comanche pins to add to my collection, so I decided to design and make my own! 

Link to vendor post: http://comancheclub.com/topic/53358-new-production-comanche-enamel-pins-and-patches/

lYOR9lB.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/525613766/jeep-comanche-pickup-truck-soft-enamel?ref=shop_home_active_3

z5FtGj0.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/525612778/jeep-comanche-pickup-truck-soft-enamel?ref=shop_home_active_5

918Y5gp.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/539423761/jeep-comanche-pickup-truck-soft-enamel?ref=listing-shop-header-3

RZMqAT6.jpg

They are high quality pins and fairly big at 1.75" across. Comes with two rubber clutches on the back and a printed backing card.

6jQAwDn.jpg

7nhLVHk.jpg

Also available in patch form! Just in red for now.

nn35Pgl.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/listing/525614284/jeep-comanche-pickup-truck-patch?ref=listing-shop-header-1

Hey, I don't have an Eliminator! Will there be base model/SporTruck/Pioneer pins in the future?

Of course! This was just the first of hopefully many designs to come. 

Do Comanche Club members get a discount???

Heck yeah! You guys get FIVE BUCKS off your order when you use promo code COMANCHECLUB at checkout! (min order $10)

Do you ship internationally?

Sure do! I ship First Class international which usually runs around $13 depending on your location.

Hope you guys enjoy em, the photos really don't do them justice! They came out awesome. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered a black one.   :thumbsup:

Awesome, thanks! Shipping today.

I'm in for pins and patches for a plain Comanche or a pioneer as soon as they're available!

Sorry for the delay on these, been busy with work/kid life. Will modify the design over the weekend and get the order in for the new pins/patches Monday. Thanks!

Got mine yesterday....... EXCEPTIONAL quality!  Nice size too, not a silly small pin.  Came with a pair of the locking backers too.  Nice work on these, but I would have preferred headlights not be yellow..... yeah I know, picky-picky.     :nuts:

Got mine yesterday....... EXCEPTIONAL quality!  Nice size too, not a silly small pin.  Came with a pair of the locking backers too.  Nice work on these, but I would have preferred headlights not be yellow..... yeah I know, picky-picky.     :nuts:

Glad you like it! And yeah I agonized over what to do for the headlights haha. I'll probably modify it on the next version. Thanks again to everyone who ordered so far!

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, been a while! Looks... different around here haha. Nice to see the forums upgraded.

So I've been busy with life/school/work/kid etc etc etc and haven't had much time for side projects, but now I'm ready to get back into the pin game! I'm about to order the base level Comanche pins finally but I wanted some input from you guys. First off, what colors would you like to see? I have a fair amount of flexibility with this, so even if there are only a couple guys who want an odd color or whatever, I should be able to accommodate everyone more or less. Wheels - what style? What are the most common ones out there? Headlights I'm changing to a silvery grey. And lastly, do you guys like the little desert/rock background thing going on or get rid of that? Couple mockups:

LqKybd7.jpg

DOEvGHv.jpg

l5aojzC.jpg

njHoemM.jpg

e: kinda digging this combination of the perspective text and the dirt?

U3Jp9WB.jpg

Again, these are just drafts, just wanna get an idea for what people like/don't like.

Other than that, anything else I got wrong? Haven't had anyone mention I messed up on any dimensions or details but I'm open to hearing that stuff, just wanna get it right. Thanks guys!

8 hours ago, yellaheep said:

Yes indeed the silver headlights are MUCH better!  

I guess I'm going to have to order another one so I can say, years down the road, that I have a rare and valuable limited production / early version with yellow headlights......... :brows:

LOL I'm sure people will be SCOURING ebay for those rare pins 20 years from now! :laugh:

5 hours ago, JeepSchmidt O'Guinness said:

The body lines are hard to distinguish on the non red pins

Yeah it changed the line weight when I changed the color and I forgot to switch it back. Actual production will look the same as the older versions. Although, you raise a good point - what about black lines on black paint? I think the last version came out okay, but I was thinking about doing a chrome line/black paint version - kind of like this but chrome instead of gold:

cYPvG4Pm.jpg

Probably the only person that will buy one is Hornbrod haha but I think they will look cool! Thanks for your input guys

4 hours ago, Minuit said:

My favorite would be #3 with the rocks from #5. No matter what, if you make one with the squiggly SporTruck stripes I'm totally in for a couple. Ditto if you make one that's 4 different colors like my '89 :laugh:

Haha I should totally do a mixmaster one at some point. Lemme see if they'll let me do that in a small quantity and I might have to make that happen :laugh:

4 hours ago, HOrnbrod said:

Let me know when they are available.   :thumbsup:

I just mocked them up and they are gonna look AWESOME in black/silver. 

Thanks again for the input guys, hope to have them ordered in the next day or so and should be here in a couple weeks :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, Minuit said:

My favorite would be #3 with the rocks from #5. No matter what, if you make one with the squiggly SporTruck stripes I'm totally in for a couple. Ditto if you make one that's 4 different colors like my '89 :laugh:

Ok, I had to mock this one up too. Sorry about the small size but you get the idea :laugh:

QI5XXDK.jpg

If they will let me do just a couple I'll totally get a few of these made :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, Minuit said:

HAHAHA that's perfect! 

Bad news, minimums are apparently 40 pieces. I could have sworn they could do much lower runs. Sorry to get your hopes up! If I can find a supplier in the future that will do low minimums I'll let you know.

Also, LAST CALL FOR COLOR REQUESTS! I did a poll on a Comanche FB group and the biggest response was for black and dark blue so those are definitely in. I will probably also do white, red, and maybe green. Also - black grille? Body color grille? Gonna try to get the order in today.

Edit: I'm doing black/chrome separately from the regular black/black. So there will be two black options. I am also gonna do light blue on chrome since I think it will look really good.

22 hours ago, acerocknroll said:

Ok, I had to mock this one up too. Sorry about the small size but you get the idea :laugh:

QI5XXDK.jpg

If they will let me do just a couple I'll totally get a few of these made :thumbsup:

I know this was a gag, but I actually like this layout best.  Better than the ones where "Comanche" is obscured by the truck.

46 minutes ago, DesertRat1991 said:

I know this was a gag, but I actually like this layout best.  Better than the ones where "Comanche" is obscured by the truck.

Me too - this is actually going to be the final layout. Here's what it will look like with green as an example:

TcmpfFq.jpg

And the chrome/black version (which will also be available in light blue/chrome)

XheK9Mf.jpg