1JTML65P0JT108859

Jortega3333

1988 Comanche Pioneer

Engine 4.0 / Trans 5 speed/ 4x4 / Front axle Dana 30 4.56 gears/ Rear axle Dana 44 4.56 gears/ Wheelbase LWB

Build date: 1988 faded

Current Location: Cle Elum, WA.

Notes: Rubicon 5.5 Long Arm lift with 2- ¾" Daystar spacers for a total of 7" lift

Dana 44 Rear with spring over and a Detroit Tru-Track

Dana 30 front with ARB air locker

4.56 gears front and back

On board compressor with air up kit and Dash mounted controls

Trail Ready front bumper with 2 sets of PIAA lights, Clear and fog (yellow) Dash mounted controls

T-Max 9000 LB. Winch with synthetic rope

Tomken Rear Bumpe with receiver

X-Factor 1 1/8" Front Steering Kit

BFG 33 x 12.50 x 15 Mud Terrains Tires on Eagle Alloy wheels 15 x 8 (Spare actually fits in the original position under bed)

K & N Air Filter and Cat back custom exhaust (only engine mods) modified to fit around spare tire

Doetsch Tech shocks

Added A/C and new Temp Gauge

Had speedometer re calibrated for the 33" tires

Replaced Grey interior with Black from 1987 Cherokee Donor, including the dashboard

Black bucket seats, new headliner and back panel

Alpine AM -- FM CD player with Kenwood 5" 2 way front and 4" x 6" 2 way

Rear Speakers

Current owner: James O.

• 1 year later...

New to being a comanche owner; new to being a jeep owner.

But I'm very lucky to be the new owner of this 1988 Comanche! It has made its way from Washington state to Idaho and now New York.

She's getting a full tune up, a new winch and some paint touch up this weekend. And then ready to hit the trails!

20180531_124718.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Nice! Got the same lift on mine. Love the way it handles now. Can you post a pic of the modified exhaust and the way it fits around the spare? I currently have the stock spare underneath the bed, but starting to worry on the trails about getting a flat at some point so planning on getting a big spare to match. But wondering is there's a way to run it under the bed still rather than having to make a custom mount for the bed, take up bed space, yada yada yada...

• 4 weeks later...

@Pancho975 I'll take a pic of the exhaust and send it your way. There is certainly room for a spare  under there, the PO did move it into the bed; and given that I'm offroading mostly, I rather have it where it's easier to access than worry about having the spare pinned below the vehicle if there was a flat. in theory, i could keep it underneath during highway (and other use) and then move it to the bed for offroading, but that seems like a hassle : )

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

BODY: JM62

X1 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE -SA Charcoal ADL Skid Plate Group
AGJ Driver Assistance Group APA Monotone Paint CBA Straight Back Bench Seat
CGX RR Head Restraints Outboard Seating CKA Carpets - Floor and Cargo Area DDQ 5-Speed Manual Transmission
ERB 4.0L I6 MPI Engine GAC Tinted Glass Windows GFD Rear Sliding Window
GSC Right Black Mirror JFH Tachometer JGB Digital Clock
JHA Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers JJA Cigar Lighter K60 STRIPE/BADGE/MOLDING
LAP Shift Indicator Warning Lamp LMA Halogen Headlamps MBJ Black Front Bumper
MDA Front License Plate Bracket NAA Federal Emissions NFA 20 Gallon Fuel Tank
PX6 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE QX6 DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE RAF AM/FM Cassette Radio
SBA Power Steering SCE  Wrapped Steering Wheel SUA Tilt Steering Column
TBB Full Size Spare Tire WJD 15X7.0 Styled Steel Wheels 3LY DESCRIPTION NOT AVAILABLE

• 8 months later...