79 J20.... Building The Diesel Truck Ive Always Wanted!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Been pretty quiet with this lately, I have lined up a buyer for the J20 frame after i get my final measurements from it, Been picking away at the Dodge but am leaving the cab on for the winter months to provide shelter for the drive train. Been slow otherwise since losing my job at the end of July however I have another job lined up and the interior of this thing will take shape over the Winter......1 step at a time ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh Wow, That looks great! Looks like he has used the HVAC system that BJs Offroad offers too.

Sadly this project has sat idle for the last couple months, I had been unemployed over the summer and fall so I didnt want to throw a bunch of money at this incase of anything unexpected happening but I got hired on with Norfolk Southern and have completed my training and just began work this week, so Ill actually start having a reliable income once again and this project is at the top of my list... I hope to have the interior all together come early spring time and then I can start working on the drive train. Its going to be slow going but it will begin to come together over the coming months  :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Its the biggest thing ive ever attempted for sure but with no deadline its a great learning experience and will be something totally unique when its finished. The other jeeps I own plus some friends, help break up the work so I'm less likely to get burned out over such a big project as well. Thanks for the compliments btw!

• 4 weeks later...

Knipping away here and there between work and the crazy humidity. I have the majority of the frame coated now and will begin running new brake lines shortly.

11255052_10153490067989834_1266909313997

As for the cab, new venial flooring, headliner and door/windsheild seal(s) are on their way. :thumbsup: