Parking Brake Cables, Explorer Disk Swap On A D44

OK so I did the rear disk conversion on my comanche a long time ago. I'm now very close being done with the truck as a whole, and I need to address the parking brakes now. My question is what parking brake cables do I use. I have a MJ d44, used explorer backing plates, grand cherokee parking brake assembly, calipers, rotors, and I also bought parking brake cables. Everything works, but I do not have the parking break shoes adjusted or cables on.

So here's my dilemma, I have a 4.5 inch lift, (Rusty's), and Ive hear many things about what cables to use. My grand cherokee cables fit, but the drivers side is pretty tight. My thoughts were getting another passenger cable, and using it on the drivers side. Does this seem like a bad idea? I'm sure someone has this combination on here, so please share what cables your running.

I have about a 3" lift and the stock cables were plenty long enough on my LWB. Also the L & R rear cables are the same length and use the same part number (52000865). And if you have the cable entrances facing toward the rear, you can swap the L & R side backing plates so the cable enters front the front. If you come in from the front the cables don't need to be as long.

Here's another creative solution from 86FUBAR:

I didn't realize that it was the same end connector for disk and drum brakes, I don't have any cables in my truck to look at.

Edit: I just looked up a replacement comanche parking brake cable, it has a barrel style end versus the open rectangle of the disk brake. :???:. I thought you said you used a stock cable.

I didn't realize that it was the same end connector for disk and drum brakes, I don't have any cables in my truck to look at.

Edit: I just looked up a replacement comanche parking brake cable, it has a barrel style end versus the open rectangle of the disk brake. :???:. I thought you said you used a stock cable.

Stock MJ cables with a Ford clevis bracket. Look at the pic above.