WRZ's comanche Now the 96 od2 swap in progress

Wrz

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey i just sanded the tank down with a wire wheel, sprayed with rustoleum self etching primer, and coated it with rustoleum hammer black paint

don't know if theres a different between a swb and lwb

here's the link for advance ( make usre to use a coupon lol )

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_fuel-tank-straps-(includes-3-straps)-spectra-premium_18320803-p?searchTerm=tank+strap

you can also look up the part number on ebay to save a few extra $

I just pulled my gas tank off and had to cut the J bolts off because of rust. My straps are just as bad... What site did you orders yours off of? And what did you coat the tank with?

nice progress so far, doing very detailed workjust a question tho,while the engine was out, it got new/cleaned accessories, sensors, seals,how come you didnt rebuild the inside?other than that keep up the good work

Hey I checked everything out and to the best of my knowledge everything looked pretty good. I am still new to the internals of engines and trannys so this has been a pretty good learning experience for me

Thanks

Not much progress have been made, instead of taking a few steps foward i ended up rolling back.  Jeep would not move and was making for serous noise from the bell housing area. After a few hours i figured it was time to pull the trans and take it to a tranny shop. Well that was not the case, as soon as i took it out i relized i never installed the 4 flywheel to converter bolts :wall: . Now I'm fightening to get her lined up and back in

Stay tuned

• 3 weeks later...

Well its been almost a month since an update, not much has been accomplished since. Did end up getting the trans back in with the famous torque bolts finally

She now moves under her own power, but like usual ive hit some bumps in the road lol

Installed some new filler neck hoses, and cleaned up the filler neck as well

Huge stepping stone for me lol

Also bought some yellow lights off ebay, nice quality for the money

Sadly I'm having some major front end issues, my ruggid ridge steering is hitting my diff cover, and inside of my rims when turning. Brake peddal is super soft with no pressure, and my power steering pump went. And lastly my upholstry guy has my seats that need to be recovered and is currently mia

Small update, got my brakes all fixed. I would have never guessed that i had my front calipers on the wrong side causing the air to stay trapped :doh:

On a goodnote the engine compartment is all buttoned up, front end is together, and i finally installed my xj shackles and ordered my shocks .

Pictures to come shortly, been camera shy lately lol :thumbsup:

Started to modify my center console. Got a tan one out of an 97 xj, had to trim the front some, and added a piece of plastic to cover the notch

In the process

Finally found some bezels at work, Wet sanded, taped and ready for some paint

Painted with hammered black

Sanded down the console, then wet sanded smooth ( had alot of nicks)

Black Sem paint

Hopefully will get installed tomorrow after work, Also got my new shocks for the front today

:banana:

Well still exhaustless due to the shop wanting $300 for just 2.5 piping from the crossmember back.... And got an estimate from the body shop today and they want $3000 for body and paint, 2200 for just the body work, or $500 to fix the rockers........ Looks like I'm going to just get the rockers done and maybe sand and primer myself

• 3 weeks later...

Small update today, I cut a good cab corner and rocker off a comanche at work and dropped the manche off at the body guy today. Said i should have it back in about a week, then it will be exhaust and rms time...

. :MJ 1: .

alright i finally have a worthy update....body guy showed up at work today with good news

the rockers and cab corner is done

not too shabby, but pockets hurting right before the holidays now

no more hole

and filled in the small gap on the driver side

not too bad, next on the list will be to tackle the rms this week, still need to do some more reading up on it

Cyber monday/black friday had a decent deal on some new rubber..

should be hear shortly

now i need to find a good deal on some 16s...think I'm going to see if i can find some steelies for cheap, not looking to spend more then $200

• 2 weeks later...

Bought some 16s rubicon rims today, got a pretty good deal on them considering they don't come up for sale locally often... Sadly no other updates, and hopefully getting my rms done this weekend at work... My goal is to drive it on Christmas