WRZ's comanche Now the 96 od2 swap in progress

Wrz

Looking Great!!!!

Just a Few Thoughts.....

Eastwood has that New 2-part Paint, supposed to be tougher and thicker than most stuff out there.

Also, Have you ever given thought to using POR-15??

I have used it an a few different things. Messy, Yes. Smell, Yes. STOP RUST, Hell Yeah!! Plus it Gets Harder when Curing in High Humidity!!!

I have used the POR-15 on my 89 Comanche, Just Wish they would make the stuff in Spray Cans Again. It is Brush on, but can be thinned to spray. The Spray cans were just Easier & More Convienent.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking Great!!!!

Just a Few Thoughts.....

Eastwood has that New 2-part Paint, supposed to be tougher and thicker than most stuff out there.

Also, Have you ever given thought to using POR-15??

I have used it an a few different things. Messy, Yes. Smell, Yes. STOP RUST, Hell Yeah!! Plus it Gets Harder when Curing in High Humidity!!!

I have used the POR-15 on my 89 Comanche, Just Wish they would make the stuff in Spray Cans Again. It is Brush on, but can be thinned to spray. The Spray cans were just Easier & More Convienent.

I have two gallons of monstaliner, I originally wanted to do the interior with it, but the frame is not ready and I need to make some progress so I can get her out the garage

Thanks for the reccomendation tho

Looking good! And what a steal on that XJ!!!

Where did you find your trans lines?

They have them at advanced auto, but i found them all on ebay cheaper, if you want i can pm you the links

That would be great, thanks!!!!

Still trying to wire in my doors, but man is it a real pitta, think i might just settle for working windows and mirrors which i am still working on, don't see getting my door locks to work properly

More to come soon . :MJ 1: .

Finally finished up all the wiring on my doors, Got everything to work perfect except the locks, but i can live without that. Also added a fuse distribution block, and a fuse box inside the cab. Good news is i scored a new front bumper and end caps,  bad news is it was inventoried wrong and is a rear xj bumper

Few pics

left over 2awg weld cable, 2 feeds,   one to the fuse box, the other is for my future amp 

Door wiring

Fuse box installed in the same spot as the xj's

and my new bumper brackets with no bumper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I gotta say it sucks putting all this time and money into something to have it leak, and then leak again, and a Lil more... Think it's time to get a newer set of injectors

Pics and updates to come later

I gotta say it sucks putting all this time and money into something to have it leak, and then leak again, and a Lil more... Think it's time to get a newer set of injectors

I had the same thing happen on my '88 a few years ago. New o-rings... couple new injectors... changed out the fuel rail to find a small crack on the bottom side right next to one of the injector cups. Everything else is looking really good though. Diggin' the cleanliness of the build!

I have a question about the control arms....why didn't they fit ?

And what did you do to make them fit?

I couldn't get them to slide into the bracket on the axle side, I used a long bolt and put 2 bolts inside the control arm to widen it some, after that they slide right in.

I had the same thing happen on my '88 a few years ago. New o-rings... couple new injectors... changed out the fuel rail to find a small crack on the bottom side right next to one of the injector cups. Everything else is looking really good though. Diggin' the cleanliness of the build!

I originally had a leaky injector and changed the o rings 2x then had a leaky line so changed the o ring and spacers, now the same injector is leaking. Going to swap my injectors around to see if its the injector it's self, then I will fix my future break leaks since I'm making all my own lines lol

Found a rear out of a 95 zj at work, pretty rusty on the outside and the gears were all chewed up, so this made a perfect donor for the backing plates and caliper brackets

Got the rear pulled, all the bolts came out fairy easy except 2 which had to be grinded off( frozen in the bushings and would not let the bolts come out )

Random shot from the rear ( notice all the gas on the floor) thanks to another leaky injector  :wall: 

Some new brake shoes for the front ( Wagner PD712 Front Premium Brake Pads) and new oem wrangler lines ( should be a few inches longer then stock)

And started to run and flare my brake lines from the porp valve back ( should be fun when those leak lol )

pads installed

and thats all for now, more pics and progress to come soon

Previous total- $5290.36

Front brrake pads-$25.79

front brake lines-$23.98

rear backing plates- Free

Cost to date-$5340.13

• 2 weeks later...

Good news, the brown santa came loaded yesterday and today. Got my new injectors finally, rear brake hoses, and a few other misc items. If all goes well and goes smoothly with a few bumps, i should have her moving under her own power this weekend

pictures to come soon with some updates