Newer Canopies that fit the long box

Hello, I would like to replace the canopy is currently on my truck. It is the older style with a raised top and rough textured white fiberglass. Its cracked, leaks and has become a little moldy in the window tracks. I want to keep a canopy on it as I camp lots and its nice to be able to lock up my gear.

I am wondering if anyone has found canopies off newer truck models that fit the long box. I would like to find a canopy that has a flat roof that sits level with the top of the cab and has a profile that looks like it was made for the truck. The newer canopies also seem to have a smooth paintable finish that would be nice.

I saw a craigslist add for someone selling a 7/FT canopy off a 2005 Ranger long box that sold before I could take a look at it to see if it would fit. It looked exactly like what I'm looking for. If anyone can let me know of any newer truck models that I could pull a canopy off would be much appreciated.

Thanks, Ryan

s10 truck toppers work :thumbsup:

S10 shells have very similar bed dimensions, widthwise and lengthwise. But when I tried one, the height of the S10 shell was 1.5-2 inches shorter than the MJ cab. Looked too funky for my taste.

Also the slope angle of the cab sides up to the roof is more on the S10 than the MJ. That's very noticeable and you're not going to like it if you're particular at all. Hold out and search for one like the below. Flat roof with an XJ rack on it. This is Gjeeps 92. I really like this canopy........

Image Not Found

Interesting to see it called canopy. Been callin it "bed cap" or "camper shell" since i was a little kid. :)

I'm sure some nice ones exist out there, just have to do some deep recon.

Ok so youll have to hunt your area a bit cause i know your not in the USA, but

ARE makes 2 versions...

http://www.4are.com/product/cal/

Interesting to see it called canopy. Been callin it "bed cap" or "camper shell" since i was a little kid. :)

Must be a regional name preference- like the soda/pop/coke thing. I've frequently heard them called 'canopy' around here; 'topper' and 'camper shell' is a tie for distant 2nd.

It took me several months to find a topper for my mj. Finally found one in the carolinas, only $100.00 but $300.00 to have it shipped to Florida, worth every penny. I don't like how the s10 toppers look at all. Ironically there is an mj topper for sale here in Orlando on craigslist. Probably way too much to have it shipped to BC but check out Uship.

Thanks for that link Don, I really like that canopy as well. I am going to PM GJEEP and see if I can't get some information on who made it.

I also didn't mind the A.R.E one either. I'll probably look into them as well.

And I think I will wait to find one that fits well. I don't mind paying a little extra to get one that fits properly. It will probably be on the truck for another 20 years and I don't plan on selling it any time soom. There is a good number of companies around the area that sell used canopies so I will make the rounds there as well.

It just seems a little tricky finding long box canopies for the truck. Seems like most of the ones out there fit the six foot box. And it's funny, I have only heard of them refered to as canopies...

Thanks for the help, Ryan