THUNDERCHIEF PICS - NOW UP.

Automan2164

:clapping: :thumbsup: You know, the more I look at these pictures, the more I'm impressed with the TC. The interior stylings alone make up for the unusual body style in my book; but then again, it's the whole package that makes it such a unique sight to behold. So, with that being said, I retract my earlier statement. The TC is definitely a one of a kind, symbol of the 80's. I'm super impressed with the door panels; and I wish I could find a cool pair like that at the JY. :brows: :fs1:

Isn't that the ECU (in front of the overflow bottle) on the passenger side; and if so, what's it doing there? If not, what is that thing?

534162_10151197149938135_704387313_n.jpg

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incredible!

Some things catch my eye though scrolling through, D35, BA-10, XJ Dash switch panel, No B pillar lights, 4.2 valve cover?, ect...

Overall though, that is Awesome! and only 240 miles, What a baby.....Id really love for someday us to be able to purchase this thing and keep it somewhere to be protected forever! jamminz.gif

Great job Rob, I know i really apperciate the effort you put into making this happen :cheers:

It's my belief, that this truck, like the land speed record truck, started life as a test mule. Notice all the weird, and out of place underhood items... The lack of the detail on the airbox, the weird neck of the throttle body, emissions tag in a weird spot, blue underhood (Right? Or just me?)...

I bet this started life as either an Emissions test vehicle, or a mule for the new 4.0L... Once it's purpose was served, they were left with an unsellable vehicle. Rather than just crush it, it ended up as a canvas for a wet dream.

Rob

Man you guys are FAR nicer as a group than many of the other forums I'm on. This is known as an abortion in my world. lol.

Then your world sucks mate. Glad I'm not in it.

lol. See...... your on the defensive groups team.

either love it or hate it, always gonna be 2 groups with stuff like this.

That seals the day. My next truck will be a Thunder Chief clone. The sunroof is the same one I have I was going to graft into Betty. I will hold off for a SWB to chop up. I love the seats. They remind me of the early ZJ buckets.

Rob, you are a amazing man. The CC card on the truck was great. Tell him thanks from me when you get a chance.

Rob, you are a amazing man. The CC card on the truck was great. Tell him thanks from me when you get a chance.

Eh, don't thank me. Consider me the Andy Dufresne of Comanche Club. I just kept sending emails every now and then bothering him until he finally gave in.

Brandt does stop by, and I'll shoot him another link here in a few days to check out everyone's comments, so if you want to thank him, do so in the thread. I'll make sure he sees it.

Rob

Brandt,

Thank you sir for all the pics of the Thunder Chief. It is very cool to have someone show some compassion to our obsession of these odd ball trucks.

If you ever get a few free minutes there is a truck in the WPC museum that I just love. I would like some pictures of it so I can build a clone for my personal collection.

The truck in question is in this link,

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=36076

Thank you again for taking the time to make our little world a happier place!

Man, that interior is awesome! and makes my plain black look...well, plain. I fell in love with the interior, and am now out to clone!

Also,

Brandt, thank you for taking time to take and send this pics for us! We all appreciate it, and I'm sure you'll be hearing it from everyone

Jeep On!

comanche.gif

It's my belief, that this truck, like the land speed record truck, started life as a test mule. Notice all the weird, and out of place underhood items... The lack of the detail on the airbox, the weird neck of the throttle body, emissions tag in a weird spot, blue underhood (Right? Or just me?)...

I bet this started life as either an Emissions test vehicle, or a mule for the new 4.0L... Once it's purpose was served, they were left with an unsellable vehicle. Rather than just crush it, it ended up as a canvas for a wet dream.

Rob

I agree, the ECU under the hood, the 4.2 valve cover, odd clamps on the hoses, the intake neck, and some other things seemed out of place from what I remember a renix era engine bay being like(been years since I've been forced to endure one). I think its a good bet it was a test mule at some point, why pull a nice new MJ off the line to build into this and then never do anything with it when you can grab one that was used for testing and has no other purpose.

thanks for taking the time to send in the pictures. like all vehicles of this type its ment to inspire new ideas. i saw things id like to incoporate and some things id leave behind but in all its an awsome thing.

thanks again

Maybe I missed it, kinda looks like a 4.0 HO to me, but there's some sensors on the firewall I don't immediately recognize (no, not the MAP), but HOs didn't come with a closed system....so is that actually a 4.2 with the Mopar Fuel Injection system and closed Renix cooling system and renix/HO hybrid injection system?

The sensor I'm looking at is the yellow capped thing,,,,its the port to interface the computer,,,,like for a MAC 2500, if you know what I'm referring to.

Edit: BTW, Mr. Brandt, thank you very much! comanche.gif

Maybe I missed it, kinda looks like a 4.0 HO to me, but there's some sensors on the firewall I don't immediately recognize (no, not the MAP), but HOs didn't come with a closed system....so is that actually a 4.2 with the Mopar Fuel Injection system and closed Renix cooling system and renix/HO hybrid injection system?

The sensor I'm looking at is the yellow capped thing,,,,its the port to interface the computer,,,,like for a MAC 2500, if you know what I'm referring to.

Edit: BTW, Mr. Brandt, thank you very much! comanche.gif

The Map sensor is right next to the caps you are asking about???

Those are the port interfaces for the Mac 2500.. normally on a Renix they are where that ECU is on the relay mounts.

• 5 months later...

Can't believe I hadn't seen this thread before.

For some odd reason a few of the pictures show here in the thread but most do not.

There are lots of links but all the ones I've clicked on so far are 404.

I'd be happy to donate to the charity of your choice for a disc of pics....

Facebook is sucking the big one lately... Going to have to switch pic hosts. For the time being, clicky here.

https://www.facebook...=1&l=9f437a0550

Rob

It looks like all the photo links that work are missing the "fbcdn-" in the beginning of the URL. If you edit the photo links to remove that part of the URL, so it reads : http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn....I think it would fix them.

• 1 year later...

IIRC, it was low. All the pics are still up on facebook, some of the links here have died. You can't really trust the odo though, because I believe the truck started life as an emissions test mule or similar before it was taken and turned into the Chief.

Rob