• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

Gawd...... what DON'T I collect...... 

Besides an abnormal amount of MJ paraphernalia, advertising, parts and an assortment of MJ's (down to 3 from 11 total as of a year and a half ago......)

I'm into 1/24 & 1/18 Die Cast cars of all sorts - Ertl and the like.  I like making "unrestored" versions or buying ones already done by those with better skills than myself.

Franklin and Danbury Mint 1/24 scale cars

Pressed steel cars and trucks from the '40's to the '70's - Tonka, Structo, Buddy L, Wyandotte, Marx, etc.  Mostly the era of white wall tire versions.  

I've got probably 400+ in my collection and currently looking at building a better display area in the basement.

It's an illness....... :D

Friggin' photobucket was down for HOURS after I posted, here's a few:

Recently, I've begun collecting Movie Cars.  Just arrived - 1/18 Christine movie cars.  One made by Ertl "Night Scene" car with high beams.  The other is a custom one-off made by an Ebay seller to capture the "For Sale" scene.  Amazing detail on this one.  

Some of my "pristine" Tonka, Nylint and Buddy L pressed steel:

I made these borrowing parts from other die-cast cars.  The red one is a Nylint with the engine and tires/wheels from one of those exaggerated Muscle Machines cars.

Nylint with some odd blower/intake on it's original engine and Buddy L wheels:

We're doing some renovation and "re-organization" so I've had to pile up my collection until that's done. THEN I'll tackle making a decent wall of display cases and shelving to properly house my collection.......  

Image Not Found

Couldn't help myself with a "big" pressed steel addition...... a stupid-clean, unrestored, late '60's AMF "Jet Sweep" with an equally stupid-clean U-haul trailer hitched to it.  Left in an attic since the mid to late 70's when the guy's twin girls out grew it.  It was priced way to low to NOT snatch it up...... Hopefully I don't run into many more of these kinds of deals..... they take up ALOT of real estate...... :D  Posted this one a while back here: http://comancheclub.com/topic/44366-anyone-into-pedal-cars/

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I collect Walking Dead comics. Started about a year ago. I got about 60 issues of the 152 currently (some have multiples but I don't count them like I have 6 copies of #150). First 18 volumes (each one has 6 issues). And compendium 1 & 3 (sold 2 cause it was dirty) a Compendium is 48 issues.

I also like to collect guns, silver, and gold. I usually sell them when I'm broke which is often. Same problem with my Jeeps, especially when I get a Comanche...

And military surplus, generally more modern stuff, a lot was stolen a few months ago (major setback).

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
12 hours ago, shrapneltyphoon said:

Game Consoles and a random assortment of other stuff,  gemstones, and the random jeep thing here and there.  Somehow I bought one of the jeep Comanche Stetsons they made lol.  Strangely it fit perfect.

I'd love to see a pic of a Jeep Comanche Stetson.  I can't seem to find anything about them on web searches.  

I am a hat guy, usually wear a trilby and sometimes a fedora for Fall/Winter dress.  I hate traditional cowboy hats, but I do often wear a Bolero on stage.  Has kinda become my trademark, I suppose.

Was the Jeep Comanche a line of Stetsons, or a single design?

4 hours ago, Pete M said:

found some closeups:

Thanks for posting the pics, Pete.  I kinda dig it.  The hat band is cool and I like the felt color.  I wonder if it's beaver felt or wool.  

Even though it is a cowboy style, I'd love to have one.  I'd wear it.

I don't really collect much, I have a few model cars. But I do have a long list of hobbies from mountain biking, camping, fishing, skeet shooting (or just shooting in general), archery (I need more practice to go out on an actual bow hunt), photography and paracording. not to mention scouring the internet for car projects I'll be able to work on