What do you collect?

Backdraft

Besides MJs, or Jeeps in general, what else do you collect? Hobbies, etc. For me, I have a thing for watches. Doesn't have to be expensive. If I find one that blows my skirt up I won't be able to pass it up. The only restriction I have is they have to have a metal bracelet. I don't like leather/rubber/canvas bands.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I collect old Walt Kelly "POGO" books. I have all the original paperbacks most in first addition.

I also have a first addition That is signed by Walt with a hand drawn pic of pogo......

My Dad was a fan in th early 60's and I learned to read swiping his copies....read them till they fell apart.

I have been a fan of his special brand of humor ever since.

I'm getting a grin just thinking about it.

Bob in Denver

Mostly old video games / console stuff; and old wrestling figures. On occasion, I'll pick up some rare, neat-o stuff, but I haven't been able to as of late. :dunno:

Also, nice collection of watches. :cheers: Got a buddy of mine who does the same thing.

Coca-Cola stuff. I have a decent sized collection and most of it was free. Some other things like antique coolers have been picked up from time to time. My 60's Coke vending machine was free as well... it don't work but is restorable, and looks nice just sitting there. Sometimes I see something different and pick it up if it don't cost too much. Some day Ill put it all in one place and have it nicely displayed.

Late 80's early 90's Car stereo amplifiers, I have a mens bathroom with them hanging all over the walls. I figured what better way to decorate a room, rather than buying paintings or pictures make it worth looking at!!

I don't seem to have any online pics of my pins. huh. :dunno: I swear I took some photos, so maybe they are in the hard drive somewhere...

in the meantime, this is my dad's giraffe collection. Although technically he doesn't collect giraffes. Many, many moons ago he made the mistake of telling my sister that it was his favorite animal and together we sorta built his collection for him. :D from plush, to stone, to wood, to scrap steel. as varied as we could find (and could afford. someday I still want to get him that 6 ft brass one :D )

Our rock collection. Every family we come back with rocks. Most free, some purchased. From all over the country. This is only the part that's displayed in the living room.

collecting is hoarding so i don't collect anything. i like clean, open spaces.

I sort of agree with you. I don't collect anything but not because I think its hoarding. I don't collect anything because mainly I don't have the time. Work and traveling to see the gf take up most of my time.

Two things for me - and I seem to go in phases.

1) Computers. I'm not the kind of freak that will drop $5,000 on a new machine with all of the newest components, I like to build moderately priced PCs that each have a very specific purpose. The two most recent examples are a home theater PC and a home server that I built for my new house (that I don't have yet).

2) Old, broken down motor vehicles. I don't intend on collecting these, but they're often handed down to me by friends, family, and co-workers. I like taking a vehicle that someone had deemed dead and unusable, fixing it and turning it into something that is used on a daily basis. My '01XJ is a good example of that. A $400 purchase from a friend of a friend that was certain the vehicle was dead because the engine had rod knock. $1000 in parts and it's been a solid DD for the past 3 years/50K miles.

Beer bottle caps! I've only been doing it for about a year but I have an embarrassingly large box almost full. I buy lots of beer that I have no idea what it is just because of the cap on it, and I put back beer because it has a blank cap. Everywhere I go I hit up the liquor stores looking for different caps. I've all my friends saving their caps for me as well. Every time some friends go out of state, I give them beer money and tell them to bring me the caps! Originally I was going to make a small coffee table but by my last estimation I have enough to cover my kitchen table and all the counter tops as well.

Beer bottle caps! I've only been doing it for about a year but I have an embarrassingly large box almost full. I buy lots of beer that I have no idea what it is just because of the cap on it, and I put back beer because it has a blank cap. Everywhere I go I hit up the liquor stores looking for different caps. I've all my friends saving their caps for me as well. Every time some friends go out of state, I give them beer money and tell them to bring me the caps! Originally I was going to make a small coffee table but by my last estimation I have enough to cover my kitchen table and all the counter tops as well.

Make a table out of the caps?