Alexia's 1987 To 1997 Comanche

Very nice! I thought about doing something like this a while back with the bed, but decided against it due to time and money constraints. Might do it when I fix the floors though... think.gif

The kit is about $100. However, you pretty much can not use the surface spray for about three weeks otherwise it will possibly tear or flatten the area. As well, it has to avoid getting wet.

I have a cleaned, machined, and prepared engine block back. I am working on the head right now and wish I had dug into it sooner. The exhaust valves are pitted from oil leaking through the valve stem seals.

gallery_1_12_179622.jpg

If you are swapping to a double diaphram brake booster the junction, left, and right hard lines come to about $20 at the dealership. Much cheaper than buying and making your own.

gallery_1_12_88771.jpg

Right Front Hard Line

gallery_1_12_503.jpg

Left Front Hard Line - Some brake fluid dripped on to the fender and down on to the frame. It messed up the recently applied under coating. :(

gallery_1_12_218520.jpg

Even with the setback from the valve, you truck is coming along great! Thanks for the inspiration to get back to work on my project.

Thank you and you are welcome! I am going to simply purchase an already ported cylinder head with oversize valves. Much easier than getting this cylinder head fixed.

gallery_1_12_207410.jpg

gallery_1_12_229660.jpg

gallery_1_12_195132.jpg

gallery_1_12_196534.jpg

gallery_1_12_52558.jpg

gallery_1_12_86610.jpg

gallery_1_12_4585.jpg

Alright, having trouble concentrating on work today. I picked up new cooling parts today.(Thermostat housing, thermostat, water pump tube.) The remanufactured cylinder head arrives today along with the Bosch 27#~ fuel injectors and a M90 supercharger. I will have to post some pictures later!

Jealous. Can you build two and donate one?

>_> Um! That would be an expensive donation! XD

I do have to rebuild the drive train on the LJ after the MJ. So... I don't know! That is going to hopefully be a drop in premade stroker.

USPS is taking three days to deliver a package from Atlanta, GA to Huntsville, AL.(About a four hour drive.) So I am still waiting on that to arrive before I take pictures.

Q: What's up with the nasty engine block mount brackets? A: Waiting for Black Friday sales to purchase heavy duty brackets.

gallery_1_12_172717.jpg

gallery_1_12_255197.jpg

This may look like a mess, but I routed all these specifically make them hold each other in place.

gallery_1_12_305879.jpg

gallery_1_12_129838.jpg

gallery_1_12_321209.jpg

Valve setup is not finished. Awaiting the arrival of correct length push rods. The remanufactured cylinder head had 0.02" removed to level it so the valve preload is out of specification.

gallery_1_12_330093.jpg

gallery_1_12_172950.jpg

Nice work, did you think about useing roller rockers

Thanks! $500+ for roller rockers is just not worth it. $24 for new push rods is worth it however. :D

I spent four hours trying to get the damn transmission to line up and slip on. I still have it unmated and hanging there. :/

Looking good sir,

Watch out for your sparkplug wires tho,

If you have a break in your shielded insulation on the wwires,

It will cause it to find the easiest path to grond, which may be another spark plug,

Other than that great work, and amazing detail

They are all brand new so hopefully that never happens until many years in the future. :D The little plastic spark plug wire guides were broken and I gave up trying to figure out how there were supposed to run originally so I redid it with my knowledge of computer case wiring.

I haven't been on the site in a few years, but I'm happy to come back and see such a great build going on! What color do you plan on painting the truck after

the build is done?

Welcome back to the site! I am torn between a few colors right now. Once I get the tires and rims mounted I can get a better idea of what will go together nicely.

How to make a 1999+ lock cylinder fit in 1997-1998 ignitions.

gallery_1_12_26665.jpg

New 9.547" push rods installed. This was a pain getting it to measure correctly.

gallery_1_12_298583.jpg

gallery_1_12_315076.jpg

Lots of accessories, vacuum lines, and other bits installed.

gallery_1_12_263619.jpg

Cleaned, sanded, cleaned, and pied valve cover.

gallery_1_12_232594.jpg

Gloss black valve cover - Normally my policy is to paint the valve cover green on any engine I work on. This will be an exception to keep the color scheme.

gallery_1_12_255005.jpg