what do u do for a living?

cocy

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I drive a 793 Caterpillar Mine truck in a steel mine. The company is US Steel, and we are just a small part of the huge company.

Tires are 12' tall, seat in cab is around 14-15' off the ground, empty weight is 240 ton. Haul 240-270 tons of rock every load. Fully loaded truck weight is 850,000 lbs.

We work 12 hour shifts (nite and day shifts), 14 days a month. Drive around 140 miles a shift.

here's a vid for perspective. (no I'm not driving lol)

Full time student

Full time concrete flatworker

So until lately I've had ZERO time to do anything, but I'm on winter break now from school, and the weather hasn't been cooperative so I can't work.

Maybe I'll stumble upon an MJ with a plow to give me something to do 8)

I drive a 793 Caterpillar Mine truck in a steel mine. The company is US Steel, and we are just a small part of the huge company.

Tires are 12' tall, seat in cab is around 14-15' off the ground, empty weight is 240 ton. Haul 240-270 tons of rock every load. Fully loaded truck weight is 850,000 lbs.

We work 12 hour shifts (nite and day shifts), 14 days a month. Drive around 140 miles a shift.

here's a vid for perspective. (no I'm not driving lol)

ok you win for having the coolest job so far jamminz.gif . man you work lots of hours but bottom line do you go to work with a grin on your face at least 1/2 the time :yes:

Muhahahahah!!!

HVAC/R Mechanic. I am a God amongst men.... I make beer cold! I started out installing A/C systems into those haul trucks, and 'dozers, and shovels, and drills, and draglines.... mining equipment will always have a soft spot in my heart....

I am a musician, drums and percussion. I own a teaching studio and have about 40 private students each week. I still play about 40-50 gigs a year, no more bars! Most gigs are private party, church etc. My job is what put most of my miles on the mj for so many years, now I only use it when I have to take a lot of equipment to a gig.

I am a mechanic / tear down tech / paint and body tech / electrical tech / reassembly tech for http://halltechservices.com/. Were a small division of a much larger company that specializes in airport equipment repair and maintenance. The shop I'm in does strictly zero time rebuilds on all types of equipment not just airport equipment. I get to tear stuff completely apart then sandblast and paint it. After that it gets put back together all purdy and new and sent back to the customer.

Junior in High School... Help my dad sometimes, he does HVAC and sheet metal fab.

Junior in High School as well :D

Also a junior in High School. I work for Tractor Supply and am not sure of what I want to do later on :doh:

Looking into Air Force personally, at least for the 4 yrs benefits, either that or reserves. :USAflag: