what do u do for a living?

cocy

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

union electrician

kinda surprising all the union help here driving 20+ year old, orphaned, extinct, regular cab pickups with roll up windows!

Guess some of us aren't as overpaid as they say lol

mine has power windows :D and i prefer driving the mj over my 05 GLI. in my line of work being a union millwright pays very well but the work comes and goes. just cause you get a few good paychecks in a row doesnt mean next week youll get one so i have the mentality if i can't afford it cash i can't afford it

I also was surprised by the amount of union fellas here. We actually just organized at the end of '10 when everyone saw all our benefits being progressively stripped away to nothing. We are down to 33 people total from 50+ just over a year ago. Convieniently, no one in administration was feeling the crunch, keeping their assistants and secretaries, as well as car allowances and $175K salaries. We had to stand up for ourselves and our work. After many late night negotiations sitting across from management, we finally inked and locked in a contract this month. I am the head steward for us, and the biggest pain in my employers @$$.

Local%20150%20-2005.JPG

You can only push me so much before I start fighting back.

Rob :D

production manager for a job shop machine shop. our primary products are related to energy production form coal mining equipment to oil and gas exploration to wind and fuel cells. 30 years at the same place and counting

Started an internship at the Seelbach Hilton in Louisville for my final quart in Culinary School. Hopefully getting into Smucker's or Firestone Country Club when I move back home. Eventually want to open a food truck. That or pay off this tuition and go to OTC for diesel mechanics. People at my school talk about food all day. Honestly I just want to work on my truck when I get off work and avoid food all together :cheers: