2001 Eliminator

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good guesses guys, but keep trying! No factory roll bar on the horizon, and I have a spare laying in the bed now(and another one in the garage :D )

Its nothing major or big ticket. Just something that I havent been able to find and has annoyed me and remained elusive since I started hunting for it.

I have another guess, relating to a certain panel that is only found on certain model XJs that is hard to find.

2 door switch panels?

4 switch accessory panel? Factory headlight levelers? Wait to start and water in fuel light panel?

I have another guess, relating to a certain panel that is only found on certain model XJs that is hard to find.

2 door switch panels?

DING DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner! I'll buy you a beer.

I swear, those 2 door electric panels are near impossible to find. After hunting for a year, I found mine on eBay. Pure luck as it had just been listed.

2 door switch panels?

DING DING DING DING!!!! We have a winner! I'll buy you a beer.

I swear, those 2 door electric panels are near impossible to find. After hunting for a year, I found mine on eBay. Pure luck as it had just been listed.

Ya I've been looking for a long time too, figure its pretty low on my priority list for getting things done.........so much other stuff that needs to be done first, its pretty much at the bottom. Regardless, if I find one at a junkyard I'm gonna grab it.

I finally got around to installing the 2 door window switches. Here's what we started out with:

The one I've been hunting:

I started by removing the 4 door switch assembly.

You can see all the little metal clips/retainers that hold the trim plate inplace. These were a true pain in the @ss to remove.

And removed

Theres also a screw hiding out that needs to come out

The obvious difference

The new one installed

And back on the door.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to Fry's Electronics the other day to kill some time and had an impulse buy. I had been wanting to put a DC to AC power inverter in the Jeep for a while, but it wasnt really that high on my priority list. My youngest son has asthma, and when were out and about he carries his inhaler. I had been nervous about when we go camping and he has a severe attack. Usually a nebulizer and a shot of Xopenex and we can avoid the emergency room. However the nebulizer is 110VAC powered. It's a very rare occurence, but I don't like to leave too much to chance. So I threw this together. Its plenty to run the nebulizer, as well as a multitude of other things. To push it, I tested it out with my corded grinder and didnt have a problem with it keeping up.

It should be nice to be able to charge/run some gadgets with this thing. I still need to go get a cutoff wheel for the dremel to trim those machine screws back some and neaten it up.

Well guys, I finally got my hands on a 22 gallon Dakota tank and pump. Everywhere I looked either didn't have one or the ones they had were full of intentional holes. Anyway, the pump is from a 99 and the tank is from a 92. These will be going under the truck soon.

Well guys, I finally got my hands on a 22 gallon Dakota tank and pump. Everywhere I looked either didn't have one or the ones they had were full of intentional holes. Anyway, the pump is from a 99 and the tank is from a 92. These will be going under the truck soon.

You will find the 22G Tank is fairly easy swap and I prefer having the extra fuel over my origonal 15G Dakota Tank...

Here is my Same Sender as Your using and I drilled it to fit the MJ specifically for the rollover valve and filler vent line...

2280443860049369580S500x500Q85.jpg2278748510049369580S500x500Q85.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Tank is in.

May have run into a potential issue. You guys that have the 22 gallon dakota tank please chime in. But when I installed mine, it fell into place a bit crooked and the front of the tank is slightly closer to the centerline of the truck. I have about a half inch of clearance between the drive shaft and the fuel tank. I also threw some 1 inch square tube in to space it down from the bed. I really need to come up with something a little more permanent that that. The square tube is lodged into place, but I'd rather something that'll work a little better be in its place.