2001 Eliminator

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Had a bit of an issue the other day. A buddy and myself were driving around in the MJ and saw a small bit of mud near the house. Seeing the ruts, I figured why not. So I cut the corner and drove through like it was no big deal. Coming out the other side I heard an odd whoosh whoosh noise. Get out to investigate, cussed and chuckled a little and limped home on these...

Didn't know about the scrap of steel that was under the mud in one of the ruts. I guess someone was getting tired of people cutting that particular corner.

It cut the inside sidewall on both drivers side tires. It suck, but it was my own fault. Got 2 new ones and put them both on the back. Kinda hate that they barely had a thousand miles on them before I destroyed them. Its an expensive lesson but my head is officially out of my @ss now!

• 1 month later...

No real updates. I've been busy, and with the holidays I've been broke! However I got off work the other day and saw this on the dash when I looked down. The chassis has about 140K miles on it. The donor obviously has 230K. The check engine light keeps coming on due to a "massive emissions leak" from the gas cap/gas tank. After Christmas, I think I'm putting in the 22 gallon Dakota tank and pump and redo the tubing and hoses to get rid of that annoying check engine light.

I *think* they're 19lb/hr. They are the Bosch upgrades over stock for 99-01 XJs. They didn't have the flow rate on their ad page, but as I understand it, the orange are 19lb/hr injectors. Maybe I missed it, but here is the ad where I got them...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEST-UPGRADE-19 ... 3f0f16f8cc

The ad shows the green ones, but the ones they sent me obviously were the orange.

Was there a Part number on the injectors?

If they are 19lbs Injectors then 19lbs @ what psi? Otherwise they might be too small for your aplication as the stock Injectors would have been around 23lbs@49psi depending on the part number

http://jeep4.0performance.4mg.com/tech_specs.html

I don't remember the part number off hand. Its very possible I'm wrong and they're not 19lb/hr. After running them for the last couple months, I can tell you the engine runs smoother. I'm also getting marginally better fuel mileage as well as a tad more power. The motor just feels like its a little more awake than before. I'll do some research later today and try to find some data on the ones I got and get back to you. By the way, your bedliner is exactly how I want to do mine. It looks great! I've put it off because I had a rollbar in the bed when I got the truck and I want to patch/repair the mounting holes before I have one sprayed in. I've still got some leftover scraps from the floorpans that I plan to use. I've just been too busy enjoying the MJ!

• 2 weeks later...

I found a nice little upgrade from the junkyard the other day. These should be helpful during winter.

Heated mirrors! I'm gonna get too comfortabe driving this thing :banana:

I may have to do some rewiring now. The mirrors work great, but when I installed the 3rd brake/cargo light I didnt have heated mirrors. I tied the cargo light into the switch for the rear window defroster. Now when using the mirrors, the cargo light is on :dunno: Oh well, just another project to do.

So the rear defroster is what turns on the heated mirrors? Makes sense I guess.

Yes sir. I wasn't sure what controlled it so I referred to the fsm. Installed them and had them on for about 5 minutes and they got pretty warm.

On another note, I just acquired something I've been hunting for about a year. Details to come on that in about a week.

If you can dig up the part numbers then they can easily be cross referenced on the net to find the specs...

Here are a couple pics of the injectors.

The numbers on the sides of them are:

XW7E-A5B

0 280 155 857

Precisionautoinjectors also sent me an email saying they are 21-22lb/hr depending on who you ask. If anyone is interested in reading the entire email he sent, I'd be happy to post it up.

The worm on my drivers side window regulator was stripped at each end. It made a nice stripped thread/grinding noise at full up and full down. This morning I decided to throw this one in:

It came from the same junkyard XJ as the heated mirrors. Now the auto down feature works as expected. comanche.gif

The numbers on the sides of them are:

XW7E-A5B

0 280 155 857

Precisionautoinjectors also sent me an email saying they are 21-22lb/hr depending on who you ask. If anyone is interested in reading the entire email he sent, I'd be happy to post it up.

They are 19lbs@43.5psi so that is 21lbs@49psi and since your fuel pressure is 49psi that makes them 21lbs...

The worm on my drivers side window regulator was stripped at each end. It made a nice stripped thread/grinding noise at full up and full down. This morning I decided to throw this one in:

It came from the same junkyard XJ as the heated mirrors. Now the auto down feature works as expected. comanche.gif

The driver side in my 2 dr XJ makes the same noises. How difficult is it to replace?

Ryan, it took me about 15 minutes to swap it out. Take the door panel off(obviously). After that, its 3 nuts that hold the motor on and 3 bolts that hold the track on. 2 more bolts that hold the track to the glass. All of them are 10mm. And 2 of those plastic push in retainers that hold the wire and a plastic piece out of the way of the glass. I'm assuming the 2 door regulators are different from the 4 door ones.

Here ya go...

Hey Mike,

I was told to send you an email. I'm not in the office today but was informed that you were asking about the specs. The specs are identical to the stock flow rate. They are considered the 21-22lb/hr depending who you ask. The spray pattern is the only upgrade to these. There's no such thing as a performance upgrade of injectors that flow more fuel as the computer would cut down the timing of the injector's pulse anyway.

The part # is hard to tell without looking at the part # yourself on the injectors. There's about 20+ part #s with the same specs that we cycle through. All including the ones you have are the Bosch 4 hole upgrade units for these Jeeps. Colors vary as well and do not indicate any specifications but rather it was just what the manufacturer chose I guess.

If you have any questions let me know.

Thanks!

Wojtek

On another note, I just acquired something I've been hunting for about a year. Details to come on that in about a week.

I was trying to think of something that you would be looking for that you don't have and the only thing I could think of is a factory roll bar. That's my guess.

I was trying to think of something that you would be looking for that you don't have and the only thing I could think of is a factory roll bar. That's my guess.

Maybe a spare tire :rotfl2: