You know you drive an MJ if...

MjPioneer

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... that the reason the police"person" saw me wandering a bit on the highway and pulled me over is because unlike any vehicle today this jeep has manual steering with over 300,000 miles on it yet all the ball joints are good, and when they say ..."huh"? ... and look at your odometer in amazement you gotta explain what manual steering is and what ball joints are, and how this differs from power steering and transaxles.

You refer to all XJs as potential donars!

Dang, I thought I was the only one!

the wife tells ya to shut up when ya yell "parts on the hoof" each time an xj rolls past

or you and the wife fly 700 miles to visit the kids and grandkids and ya go the local pick a part to shop -- and take your son alone to help carry/hunt -- course he has one too :banana:

...you drive 145 miles one way to attempt to rescue an MJ you've never seen, that doesn't work, and that may or may not still be there. :bowdown: jim

...heck, if you even contemplated that sort of insane plan and started rationalizing it in your head. jamminz.gif

...when in conversation with people you don't see every day you mention your truck. And everyone remembers it but one speaks for all and says "Now what kind of truck is yours again?"

• 1 month later...
...even if you just washed it, you drive right down the middle of an unexpected huge mud puddle that formed in your path as someone left their sprinklers on.

:agree:

... When random people wave or give you thumbs up (it's obviously MJ envy)

...even if you just washed it, you drive right down the middle of an unexpected huge mud puddle that formed in your path as someone left their sprinklers on.

Washed it? :nuts:

:D

When I say I "washed my car" it's because I took it across town and drove through the huge mud puddle that forms on a dirt road every time it rains. I guess I just have a strange sense of humor jamminz.gif

...when intentionally driving off the road to hit mud puddles or cans, you know exactly what reference point on your hood to shoot for to hit whatever it is dead center on the right tire.

...when after staring down another MJ you realize you're both thinking "holy $#!& there's another one!"

...you would rather drive your truck to pick up some groceries than your brand new car that cost 30-40x as much.

...you're wife says take the car today because i don't need it and your truck doesn't have AC, and you promptly decline.

...you can't keep your pride from growing even just a little bit when passing any other small pickup.

...you notice the letter spacing difference immediately after spotting a ranger tailgate from any distance.

...you LOVE your tailgate!

...you would rather drive your truck to pick up some groceries than your brand new car that cost 30-40x as much.

huh? :nuts:

brand new car?

what's that?!

I only own old beaters and cheap vehicles... and will always keep it that way, even if my paycheck is ten times as big as it is now.

huh? :nuts:

brand new car?

what's that?!

I only own old beaters and cheap vehicles... and will always keep it that way, even if my paycheck is ten times as big as it is now.

sorry man. i don't care how much i love my truck, my wife and baby ride around in a cushion of metal, plastic, foam and airbags. Ill pay for safety. The Comanche isn't exactly a family car.

...not only do you check CL constantly, but decide to check CL for all the surrounding areas and states just in-case.