• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jealous!   :bowdown:

Thanks. Paid $200, what a steal.

Damn Sam, you finally found your topper.   :cheers:

Yup, perfect for me.

Sam,

When did you get the Wildernest?   I got mine last September, but have not used it yet. 

Have you used yours yet?

Last August. No I have not used it....the MJ is still a work in progress....yeah.

Been wanting to post a pic of my topper but I ended up waiting til right after Sam posts a pic of the Holy Grail of toppers, the Wildernest, thanks a lot Sam. This is the 2nd topper I have had on the truck.  I had an aluminum topper that did a great job but just needed to go away.  I was lucky to find this one in great shape in North Carolina (I think) for $100 but cost me $300 to ship it.  

What's the chance you'd have a serial number or rear door size tagged on there somewhere? I've been trying to track down a door for the Leer cap I just picked up, but the local (well, nearest... 200 miles away) Leer dealers won't tell me anything without a serial number (all they say is they've got nothing for a Jeep Comanche) and those who have suggested they've actually got serial numbers on their caps haven't been forthcoming with the number. The only place I've found nearby that deals in truck caps apparently only has one guy who knows anything about caps and I'm not convinced he actually works there cause he's never there when I call...

Supposedly the serial number is on a plate on riveted on top of the bed rail on the driver's side, but :dunno:

Looking at stuff online, there's a "call size" for all doors, (IIRC its four pairs of digits?) but I have yet to find any indication that the numbers reflect any actual measurements, although supposedly it can be found on or around the rear door of "any" truck cap, per what I was reading, but again :dunno:

Hornbrod measured his for me a while back and I've got the hole I can measure myself as well. But thanks for the offer. :thumbsup:

I will also keep an eye out when I go to the junk yards, maybe there is a damaged topper somewhere and it would be great if someone on CC is able to pull the lid before the whole thing goes to the dump, we can dream! I didn't think I would ever find a used bedslide and one popped up on CL, I would think there is a lid out there with your name on it.

Buck

• 3 months later...

This one (fits a long bed) is for sale if anybody wants it. First person willing to pick it up can have it for free. If I deliver it it will be $1 per loaded mile.

What's your location?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...
On 3/20/2010 at 7:09 PM, 86FUBAR said:

Hey,

On 3/20/2010 at 7:09 PM, 86FUBAR said:

here is what i had on mine, as far as i know its comanche specific to

do you know what kind of topper this was?

here is what i had on mine, as far as i know its comanche specific to

On 4/26/2018 at 9:59 PM, MuchRespect said:

Assuming you were trying to ask the question at the top, its basically just the small truck LWB wildernest. Should Fit toyota trucks and the like. The previous topper I had which was a little low for the cab fit toyotas like a glove.

On April 27, 2018 at 10:59 PM, shrapneltyphoon said:

Pretty sure i got a leer topper sitting behind the shed.  Can check if it still has the serial # on it still.  Came off a 86 lwb.

Where is said shed and would you be wanting it to go away?

...the topper, not the shed.

• 4 months later...

Here's mine. The tag has been scratched pretty bad so I'm not sure who made it, looks like Creation? Not sure if that's a brand or model. I can ask the PO as he's a family friend and the original owner. 

It fits mostly ok, it used to have a rubber seal between the cap and cab but it never sealed properly mostly because the light at the top of cab kept it from sitting flush. Over the years I've replaced it with layers of garbage Home Depot weather stripping until finally having a piece of plexi cut and sealing it off completely. 

If I sit here and think about it I've done alot to this thing - resealed the windows, painted it (a couple few actually). Put in LED lights and I've been using this waterproof RV roof tape to seal cracks. For the most part my waterproofing endeavors have improved but the big problem is door. HD junk doesn't work and I haven't been able to find the correct size bulb tubing. 

IMG_20180922_125322.jpg

IMG_20180922_125337.jpg

IMG_20180922_125429.jpg

IMG_20180922_125449.jpg