Roll Call!

streetjeep2.5

All right crew, check this out:

http://blog.briggsauto.com/2009/09/01/b ... -research/

Now, I have avoided this 'Jamboree' stuff because of the cost. But hey, I am going this year because the dealer sponsoring it lost "Jeep" when the buyouts came. AMC/Jeep is what they started out as. None the less, I am gonna give it a try. Plus it is for a great cause, I get free food and a shirt... If anybody wants to bring their MJ I will actually take mine instead of the Rubicon :brows: Don't worry 'streetjeep' I don't wheel my MJ either, but I do use the heck out my transfercase :nuts:

Sunday, Oct. 18 - Briggs Auto Lane, Manhattan Kansas to Tuttle Creek, Randolph KS, ORV area

07:00 a.m. Check-in at Briggs Auto Lane, 2600 Auto Lane, Manhattan (Breakfast from Friendship House)

08:45 a.m. Send-off

09:00 a.m. Road rally to Randolph Off -Road Vehicle area

10:00 a.m. Meet at ORV area

10-11:30 a.m. Guided group 4WD off-roading

11:30 a.m. BBQ lunch from Cox Bros. BBQ

KSRocks down by Fort Scott is an all right place to wheel. Only been there a hand full of times since most folks I know stick to Tuttle (Randolph).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Checking in from Troy, MO. About 45 mins NW of STL. Actually if you guys are looking for a place to wheel and you aren't that far away an off road park just opened up down the road from me. Only open on the weekends. Oh and by the way I am a newb. Just picked up a 91 MJ Longbed 4.0 Auto and 2wd..... for now anyways.

• 1 month later...

Welcome! Tuttle is by far the best place for free wheeling in the Midwest. I grew up 30 minutes from the park, so I know it inside and out. If you are ever headed down to wheel, let me know and I'd be glad to join... with my TJ that is :rotf:

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
:waving:

Welcome! I've been to Hutch a time or two... Yet never for the state fair.

Love the State Fair, but hate the traffic it brings in. Good to see that someone out there has heard of us thou. Most people I have to exlpain that we are close the Wichita. Even with the tourist attractions we have. The Fair, the Kansas Cosmosphere, the UnderGround Museum. Nothing, still gotta say Wichita. :)

• 6 months later...

Checking in from Warrenton, MO. I know there are other MO MJs on here! I'd like to join in on a wheelin' trip with some other mj guys but the funds just won't be around for another 18+ months :ack:

Just a meet and greet would be a good time I'm sure. I know some good bars in the westplex! :cheers:

• 4 weeks later...

I know its a ways off. I am going to hannible rocks for rrock may 19 if anybody wants to have meet and greet. We can go back to my house afterwards and bbq and drink some beverages. thanks

• 3 months later...

Finally found this thread! Independence, MO (Kansas City) here, got a stock '86 4x4 that ALMOST moves on its own...almost! Would love to try to get a meet n greet goin before august since i ship out to basic aug 9th and won't be back for quite some time!

Hopefully this'll revive this thread! :banana:

Heck, since I have introduced myself in this thread I have moved away from the KC area. Now I am 10 minutes south of Junction City, surrounded by coyotes yipping not horns blaring. The move put me 40 minutes from the best wheeling in KS too; Tuttle Creek.

Have Jeep(s) will travel! :wavey:

How about a meet and great may 19 at hannible rocks for rrock. Will be driving up from st.louis about 2 hrs away.We have a lake house up there on Mark Twain Lake if anone needs a place to stay or stop by. thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...