Roll Call!

streetjeep2.5

Name is Doug. Live in Missouri about an hour west of St. Louis. First Jeep a 94 Cherokee 4.0 4x2 bought in Missouri and except for 4 years in the NW we still have it and is rust free with 256000 miles. Have my baby, my 87 4x2 swb 'manche I bought in the NW with 2.5 and 4 speed. Overhauled at 260.000 with Clifford header, Delta cam, and Flowmaster, probably hitting about 130 hp now and does a good job of scootin' down the interstate.

BTW, I turn 61 in 2 months and am pastor of a Lutheran church.

Luv my jeeps!!!! Best vehicles I have EVER owned! No car payments since 1999!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hannible rock northern Missouri

I did not make it there for Howiepalooza when they had it there (for those of you that know what Howiepalooza is), but have wanted to go. My Jeep is not ready yet, but is getting close. There is also some private land here in Southern Iowa that would be great for a meet and greet (http://www.miobi.org). I am about an hour from here, and about 4 hrs from Hannibal. There is also SMORR or KS Rocks in MO and a small off road park up by Castana, IA (NW Iowa).

Just some ideas :idea:

I guess we will all be driving for a distance to meet up. Should we put it to a vote as to where we need to meet up and when.

87warrior and i are only like two hours away, and we can hit up tuttel creek orp. Everyone eles is more then a full tank away from the park.

The area in southern IA will be having another big open weekend (open to the public) on Labor day weekend, they also had one this weekend and at last count there was over 150 registered vehicles. There is a hog roast on Sat. night of these events and is part of the admission, and about $1500 in door prizes given out.

google map Hamilton IA and that's close.

• 3 months later...
Western Iowa reporting in. Anybody heading to Timber Ridge this year? http://www.ci4wi.org/portal2/ I doubt my cooling issues will be resolved by then, but still plan on going over there at some point.

I don't think I will make it to Castana, I am also having some cooling issues (radiator ate a tow strap), but will try to next year.

• 2 weeks later...

:agree: somebody with more brains than me :D I had a buddy take his CJ down to Fort Scott Kansas the other day, said he was doing some wheeling with some other jeepers, i need to ask him if that is a place were some of us could meet up at and have some fun :chillin: or maybe somebody here knows of another good place??

From Missouri but do no off road wheeling. Mine is a 4x2, gonna stay that way, and is a street jeep! I know, I know, then why own a jeep? Cuz my first one ever was and still is a 94 cherokee 4x2 with 260,000 and is still our "family" rig. Now I have a 'manche also cuz cherokees and comanches were the best suv's and pickups ... EVER!