what did you do to your MJ today?

JeepcoMJ

Ordered trans shift cable. Had the girlfriend turn it around and back it up to my shop with me picking gears from underneeth. Finished stripping down and cleaning up the 8.8 for it.

Maybe posting on here will keep me motivated. Lol

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

let it rest in the carport and took sons wrangler to a "go topless day" event. 

have found when I take the mj to an event, I can barely get parked before the camera hounds show up --- usually we are the only mj there. 

Drove it to church this morning. Ran good. Everything worked as it should (except, of course, fuel gauge, AC and cruise). Fuel gauge and AC are in the "to do" list. Cruise tends to lock on and accelerate and not disengage regardless of switch position, brake or clutch pedal use. Can be quite exciting so it's disconnected. There's a glitch in the wiring that I haven't been able to track down.

Other than that, it's another wonderful day in MJ land!

• 3 weeks later...

Pulled the dash to remove and replace a leaking heater core --- yeah I know it's SoCal, what do I need a heater for.     :yes:   :rotfl2:

1. needed to clean out the desert silt.

2. JP magazine needed an article. I'll provide publication date when I receive it from them. 

3. Just for the heck of it. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SOA lift on 1 Ton Dana 44 axle with JK Rubicon Wheels and Tires at NorthRidge 4x4 in Silverdale, Washington.

What's a 1 Ton Dana 44 axle?

They used to use D44s and such in 1-ton trucks.  But that was a long time ago.  And probably not what he's talking about.

Metric Ton D44 rear???

went out to the KMC Jeep Bash in Long Beach Ca ---- out of approx 250 vehicles there were only 7 non wranglers

sign on hood was a print out of the build sheet and basic info ---- 

Image Not Found

After talking with one of the guys from Dynatrac, his co-worker asked him what an MJ was --- Cheechaka's (newbies) are fun eh? 

• 2 weeks later...

SOA lift on 1 Ton Dana 44 axle with JK Rubicon Wheels and Tires at NorthRidge 4x4 in Silverdale, Washington.

What's a 1 Ton Dana 44 axle?

They used to use D44s and such in 1-ton trucks.  But that was a long time ago.  And probably not what he's talking about.

Metric Ton D44 rear???

Correct.  My Bad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
7 hours ago, jpdriver1 said:

installed the sae style oil filter fitting ---- so easy 

used a 22 m/m impact socket to removed the stock one and used a 1" impact to install the new one --- should have done this yrs ago

amazon has the fitting here https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Chrysler-53007563AB-Engine-Connector/dp/B007NQA6KI  

Picked up mine locally from a dealership, although they had to order it in....two times.  PITA.  Anyhow, I chose to use the huge Wix 51773 filter. 

Yea, that sucker was on there good.  Took some effort to break her loose.

11 hours ago, coolwind57 said:

Picked up mine locally from a dealership, although they had to order it in....two times.  PITA.  Anyhow, I chose to use the huge Wix 51773 filter. 

Yea, that sucker was on there good.  Took some effort to break her loose.

did you consider turning the adapter either 90* or 180* (pointing left or down)?