tractor tires?

I still have to find a place to buy them.
How about a farm equipment dealer, or check out farms around town, farmers will know where to get them, it's their business to know.

I should mention, they will probably give you some odd looks when you tell them what the tires are going on...

Can I ask why?

They suck in everything but soupy mud. They offer no lateral support, they suck on rocks, and will tear up your drivetrain if you ever "get on it" and catch something.

Yes, I think that is a very good point. But for snow and mud better then all terrains any day!!

I have seen 2 trucks on these style tires. One mud drag truck and one mud truck trying to be a rock truck. Now 2 senerios....

1. Mud guy stayed in mud and done awesome UNTIL he went a little sideways and then it went downhill. They don't have hardly any side bite. Meaning if you slide the rear or try turning real sharp you will slide. they turn into skis when they get sideways.

2. Mud guy went to a rock pile gunned it and was doing great UNTIL he started spiining the tires. which wasnt bad but they did the whole slip and grab 3-4 times then his axle went kaboom.

I love the look but for rocks i say run away but if your strictly mud and don't try to mud drap race then you shoudl be great and happy. Just thought i would share my 2 experiences with those style tires. OH and i also have them on my ATV and love it casue i can cut donuts on pavement and its so old it don't have suspension and only goes like 30 but it gets to top speed fast. I just can't get rid of the little monster. ill get down soapbox.gif

Cole

They're crappy tires. Really crappy tires. At least IMHO. You wheel soft mud and wattery mud, alright, they'll work. Providing you have enough power to keep them spinning fast enough. Throw ANY other condition in their and they SUCK.

And they're bad news in snow too. Unless you're wheeling about 6-7" of wet snow on top of soft ground... Otherwise they'll just dig until you're laying frame. Or you'll have fun with them slipping over whatever is under the snow.

They're too hard. They're ment to be TOUGH. Not to flex and conform to the shape of the traction media in a sub-5Klbs vehicle. All they did it set all your weight on a TINY contact pattern (a set of paddles) and typically you sink. Or go sideways. Or you get into something they can't sink into (wet logs, rock, stumps, etc) and they'll spin over it and make a stupid "thwap thwap thwap" noise. Typically they wait until you've got the tires going 50mph before one of them grabs something. Then you get to see how much inertia there is in your drivetrain.

probably not a bad choice for as wet as it has been in the houson area this summer but let me get this straight.

We use airplane tires on the tractors to keep the thorns from flattening the tires.

You want to use tractor tires on your trail rig, so I guess we can use the truck tires on the go cart.

No seriously, I'll have my dad check the tire prices (TX farm bureau member) but I think that those tires cost more than dot legal super swampers.