1 A/T tire at 33"?

Am I blind? I can only find one A/T tire that is 33x10.5xr15 and its the BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2. Is there any others or is this it? I really wanted to go with Goodyear Duratrac but they come in 31x10.5xr15 or 33x12.5xr15. I tried finding something on the metric side but couldn't find anything comparable there either.

Are there any M/T that perform well on wet roads and snow that have good tread life? My truck will see mostly pavement hence why I wanted A/T.

I run the 33x10.5x15 BFG AT, they are decent in rocks, terrible in mud and sand, but an AT will never be particularly good in any terrain. When I bought the tires, they sold them as dually sets, usually a dually runs a narrow tire like this in the rear. It is a tough size to find for this reason, I'm sure. 

OK here's the next question, I need a tire that has good wet road performance but also needs to be capable in mud and maybe Snow. Rock and sand are not going to be seen. Is there a good MT that can perform on road well? Maybe if siped? I'm also trying to keep this whole thing less than $1500 on 5 wheels with an alignment so the $300 a piece tires are out of the question.

What's your beef with the BFG A/T? The KO2 is a fine tire in the wet and capable enough for light mud use, and comes in the size you want.

There were complaints years ago about the KO being kind of squirrelly in wet conditions but the KO2 seems to deliver improved performance in that area and is snowflake rated. I ran the KO for years and had no problems in the rain or snow back east, but opted for Grabbers this time around. I would have no issue running the new KO2s.

You're also probably aware that moving down to 31x10.5 would open up a huge range of options for you. What difference does 1" less GC make for a truck that will mostly see pavement use, and won't do any mudding serious enough to actually need mud tires? My best advice would be to drop down to 31x10.5 and get the best wet weather AT you can find since that seems to be your main concern.

What's your beef with the BFG A/T? The KO2 is fine tire in the wet and capable enough for light mud use, and comes in the size you want.

There were complaints years ago about the KO being kind of squirrelly in wet conditions but the KO2 seems to deliver improved performance in that area and is snowflake rated. I ran the KO for years and had no problems in the rain or snow back east, but opted for Grabbers this time around. I would have no issue running the new KO2s.

You're also probably aware that moving down to 31x10.5 would open up a huge range of options for you. What difference does 1" less GC make for a truck that will mostly see pavement use, and won't do any mudding serious enough to actually need mud tires? My best advice would be to drop down to 31x10.5 and get the best wet weather AT you can find since that seems to be your main concern.

I did consider that but with the 4.5" lift the 31s look super goofy. I actually wanted a larger set of 32s but those don't exist. I've heard that the BFGs are very overrated and suck off road. Like I said this truck will mostly see pavement but will occasionally be off road in some decent mud. I don't M plan on driving this on the street in winter but may play on the corn fields around the house a bit so the winter grip isn't quite as important. Just how capable are the BFG A/Ts in mud and dirt?

Just how capable are the BFG A/Ts in mud and dirt?

I run them on my '86 K30. They do alright in sand, pretty good in mud, etc. I don't do a lot of off-road but I do see a lot of dirt roads and mud. I like em.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

TL/DR, I'm curious what your findings are, I'm in the same boat. Would like more options.

I've also been looking for a 33x10.5 that'll do well in the snow. The only one I've found so far is the KO2.

We ran KO2's almost exclusively on the work trucks back home, and they're decent tires. My only gripe is I've noticed they have a tendency to grab onto rocks and hold them in the tread until the road eventually hammers them through the tire. This isn't ideal for me because of the amount of gravel roads I see, because unlike our fleet shop I don't have a tire-changing machine and a stack of patches to put on quickly a couple times a month.

I've been running Grabber AT2's in a 235/75/15, and they're decent. Not particularly amazing anywhere, but they'll cut through snow until I'm plowing with the bumpers and with 30,000 miles they still had plenty of tread. I was kinda hoping for something like that. I'd say 15-20% of the miles I did were on gravel, and yeah they did tend to fling rocks a bit but then I never had one punch its way through the tire... it's just they're not available in 33x10.5's.

The other day I was on tirerack just to see if anything new had come up, and the Grabber X3 (and the Grabber) both come up in a 33x10.5x15 under "severe snow rated", except the only thing I've managed to track down is that they're "M+S", but don't get the snow-peak rating, which means up here in the Great White North they won't count as a winter tire. I've read several reviews suggesting that they're good in snow, but then I've also heard people claim the original BFG KO's are good in snow, and um... well they were on my MJ when I bought it, and it only took one snowstorm to discover I needed something better. So I'm pretty nervous about dropping money on the X3, to say the least. Another knock against the X3 and TireRack's "severe snow rating" is that the regular Grabber also comes up, but is definitely not a snow performer.

Early this spring I ran over a deer and lost two of my tires, and then discovered my spare didn't hold air very well, so right now I'm running Hercules TerraTrac II's, cause when you lose two tires and your spare is not good you end up with whatever the first tire shop you get to has in stock. They're also not snow-peak rated, and don't look like they'll be great, although they do plenty well on wet roads, gravel, and sharp rocks.

I may end up having to pick myself up an actual set of winter tires, which I was hoping to avoid doing. But if I find a 33x10.5r15 other than the KO2 with the snow-peak rating, the TerraTracs will go onto my Jimmy.

Is there a good MT that can perform on road well?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No. Especially not if "road" includes rain or snow or ice.

Even siped though? I've read that the Toyo MT does well siped as well as the BFG km2s. However they are a little more expensive than I'd like... Ugh I hate buying tires..

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

I say go for the KO2s.  I had the old KOs in 32x11.50 R15  and I loved them so much that I got some KO2s when I stepped up to 33x10.50s.  I guess I really don't have any comparisons but I find kinda raise an eyebrow when people complain about the BFG A/Ts for snow... what do y'all expect?  Its not a studded snow tire folks.  

I guess everyone has they're driving preferences. I have cooper stt on the jeep and it does fine for me on the road and off (dry/wet/snow- studs or chains are the only way for ice). In fact, I prefer a mud tire where I live due to the fact we get a ton of rain and I don't like hydroplaning. In my experience going from the les Schwab "avon" brand AT tire to a procomp extreme mud terrain years ago, I had much improved wet weather traction and I could hardly break them free from a stop.. literally. On my ford I have a somewhat agressive at, the cooper st maxx. Again the large tread voids let me blaze thru standing water without a hitch. Tho they have 40k on them now and a little less than half life, the accelerating from a dead stop spiritedly will spin them, but normal driving is good. Come this fall I'll be putting on the stt pro

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I guess everyone has they're driving preferences. I have cooper stt on the jeep and it does fine for me on the road and off (dry/wet/snow- studs or chains are the only way for ice). In fact, I prefer a mud tire where I live due to the fact we get a ton of rain and I don't like hydroplaning. In my experience going from the les Schwab "avon" brand AT tire to a procomp extreme mud terrain years ago, I had much improved wet weather traction and I could hardly break them free from a stop.. literally. On my ford I have a somewhat agressive at, the cooper st maxx. Again the large tread voids let me blaze thru standing water without a hitch. Tho they have 40k on them now and a little less than half life, the accelerating from a dead stop spiritedly will spin them, but normal driving is good. Come this fall I'll be putting on the stt pro

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Yeah I've come to figure that myself as far as people's preferences. Ive also really noticed that most people have experience with only 1 or 2 specific tires and it comes down to either they love the first pair they got, or they hated the first and love the second.

For my application it really came down to the BFG AT or BFG MT due to the limited options in this size. I have recently been able to see them side by side and will be going with the AT. They really don't look much different from each other. The main differences I saw was that the AT has a few more, slightly smaller lugs and is siped. For me the ATs will be perfect. If I were to do more offroading with this truck, I would go with the MTs but quite frankly this will only do minor offroading in dirt and snow and very little mud.

but I find kinda raise an eyebrow when people complain about the BFG A/Ts for snow... what do y'all expect?  Its not a studded snow tire folks.  

No. Nothing will compare with a proper winter tire on snowy roads. But really, the BFG KO's are absolute garbage in snow and on ice. I've spent entire winters on ancient, dry rotted, age cracked, and nearly bald all(no)-seasons and not had any serious problems. The KO's with reasonable tread left may as well have been drag slicks for all the traction they gave on ice. And it's not just in my MJ I've noticed it, I got stuck with a set on one of my work trucks too, eventually gave up the idea that I could go around corners or take off from a stop without sticking the @$$ of the truck out because it just wasn't happening.

Even the Grabber AT2's and the KO2's won't compare on snow or ice to an actual set of winter tires, but at least they let you drive without having to pretend there's an egg between your boot and the pedals. And that's a big deal to me. Wanna know when the last time I was driving on snowy roads was? June 10th. I've seen snow falling every single month of the year, and need a tire that's going to be able to deal with it. The number of people I know running winter tires year-round is ridiculous. I definitely don't have the budget to do that and only get a year out of the tires.