Flat Flare Fitment (NOT ABOUT THE GAP!)

So I'd like to use either the Bushwacker or Napier flat flares on my MJ.  I know all about the gap on the lower body line and am not concerned with that.  My question is different and I can't find info or good pictures anywhere.  

Where does the flare sit on the top of the wheel well?  I've read that the flats are not cut-out in the rear.

The reason I am asking is because my rear wheel wells had some rust along the top of them and I don't know how perfect I am going to be able to recreate the bodylines on the top of the wheel well.  I need to know how much of the body is covered up by the flare, and where it sits on that wheel well so I can decide if the flat flares will work for me or not.  

Below are pictures of my wheel wells.  The cleaner looking one is my second pass of cleanup.  I can get it cleaner but it is difficult to replicate that bodyline over the wheel well.  The worse looking one is just one pass after cutting out and cleaning up the rusted parts.  They will look much better when I'm done with them, I just need to know how perfect that upper line needs to be.  Any input will be greatly appreciated.