Replacement AC hose... Which hose?!

So my 89 MJ was converted to R134a at some time in it's life before I bought it but when I bought it the PO told me it hadn't worked in the 2 years he had owned it but he hadn't tried to tackle it yet. The compressor is definitely not the original, it's a Sanden SD-508 (10 groove) and we found the leak was at the lower connection on the condenser which feeds back to the accumulator. The connector at the condenser side was scored rather badly so rather than re-use a bad hose I wanted to replace it, but frankly I'm not sure what to even lookup since the setup is not factory and the best looking match I could find was some hose for a 2.5L. Here's a snapshot of the hose I pulled and would like to replace. I have a new condenser to put in, and it's a factory match, and from what I can tell should work just fine with the hose, so long as I can get a new hose.

TIA

Tim

4214c322d2c12ff6fd250851507af5c1.jpg

0ad3028c0f3e0c1975b6822c658c3bfc.jpg

I meant to add that I'm sure I can get a new hose made though off the shelf is way cheaper than local shops. Also the hose is about 3' long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't, after researching it turns out it was a universal condenser with custom made hoses, so I decided to stick with the hose, clean it up, and ordered a new parallel flow universal condenser. The one I removed was an 11x28, but with an 11x24 parallel flow I should be just fine and we'll just have to finagle the mounts. The hoses are a standard #6 and #8 so if push comes to shove I can probably find a replacement through custom hose places online or from a local shop. We're gonna see how it does after a cleaning and new o-ring. Should know this Thursday when I get time to work on it.

Tim

I may have one that I bought that would work. P/N: 56278 made by four seasons.  If ya want to give it a shot I can take measurements for ya.  Bought it and won't need it (still in the wrapper).