Non-Tech Question about Wheels

NC Tom

Planning  a future wheel swap and I have a question.

I know the younger (and less cool :teehee: )  MJ owners are repulsed by the idea, but are there any direct-fit wheel options in CHROME? Has Jeep release any OEM chrome wheels?

I had a TJ that had chrome steel wheels from the factory. You will be hard pressed to find any factory chromies anymore. Now everyone thing blacking everything out is stylish. I think it shows a lack of creativity.

Herd mentality.

“Sheep only need a single flock, but people need two: one to belong to and make them feel comfortable, and another to blame all of society’s problems on.”    -James Rozoff

Some TJ Rubicons had chrome Moab's, I think 2003's.

Also 1998 5.9 ZJ's had a nice looking chrome 5 spoke wheel.

Moabs only came is silver painted. The only difference in them are with the ridge or without.

The 5.9 ZJ ran the Silverstar which were silver. It was also the same wheel that came on the 2001 Anniversary Edition Jeeps.

Sir Sam has a great resource for wheel info.

http://colorado4wheel.com/jeepwheels/

Moabs only came is silver painted. The only difference in them are with the ridge or without.

That's not quite right. 2003 and some early 2004 Rubis had machined Moabs, obviously without ridges. My September '02 build 2003 Rubi is still sporting the stock machined Moabs that the clearcoat is peeling on. The poor things have taken a beating from the trails. IMHO they are the best looking Moab wheel available, but darn near impossible to find a clean set.

That's not quite right. 2003 and some early 2004 Rubis had machined Moabs, obviously without ridges. My September '02 build 2003 Rubi is still sporting the stock machined Moabs that the clearcoat is peeling on. The poor things have taken a beating from the trails. IMHO they are the best looking Moab wheel available, but darn near impossible to find a clean set.

I have the bare/clear wheels on my truck. They still are not chrome and they have the cutouts painted silver. That was my point. They are not chrome plated.