Before I order injectors, are they definitely bad?

My issues started with a fuel pump hose falling off. Replaced pump, filter, plugs wires. Runs, but rough now.

Disconnecting #1 and #3 injectors doesn't affect idle.. but they both measure 16 ohms. The connector EV1 female harness side on #1 is missing a side, obviously needs replaced. Could that be my whole problem? I didn't understand the manual where it said to run 12v test lamp over them while cranking. I tested while running and they had various voltages.

The truck has 300k+ miles and the injectors say "26" on the side of them.

I've gone through a lot of cruser's tips, but this really started with a hose coming off the fuel pump. I haven't done C101 yet, looks like someone has had that apart in the past. I've had truck 4 years and no unusual issues.

Thanks!!!

Kyle

My issues started with a fuel pump hose falling off. Replaced pump, filter, plugs wires. Runs, but rough now.

Disconnecting #1 and #3 injectors doesn't affect idle.. but they both measure 16 ohms. The connector EV1 female harness side on #1 is missing a side, obviously needs replaced. Could that be my whole problem? I didn't understand the manual where it said to run 12v test lamp over them while cranking. I tested while running and they had various voltages.

• 2 weeks later...

I have pulse to each injector. I installed the 746's today. 311k miles and the original injectors were hard to remove. Broke a bolt on the fuel rail too.

The 746 injectors made the idle consistently "ok" rather than going between bad and terrible, but I still have the same problem. For the first time ever, the oil pressure gauge started working today. If it reads right, it's a little low 20-30 range.

I'm stumped. Everything is clean. I guess it has to be a strange timing issue. I'll have to learn how to index the distributor and adjust the CPS. I don't understand how the fuel pump could have triggered that. I did screw up the CPS when I dropped the transmission, but that was a year ago.

I'd pay someone who is good with the renix in the DMV area to work on this. Any takers!?

Just to clarify the truck drives great. When it gets bogged down, prior to downshifting, it bucks and kicks. Going downhill or at low speeds it drives great.

I have pulse to each injector. I installed the 746's today. 311k miles and the original injectors were hard to remove. Broke a bolt on the fuel rail too.

The 746 injectors made the idle consistently "ok" rather than going between bad and terrible, but I still have the same problem. For the first time ever, the oil pressure gauge started working today. If it reads right, it's a little low 20-30 range.

I'm stumped. Everything is clean. I guess it has to be a strange timing issue. I'll have to learn how to index the distributor and adjust the CPS. I don't understand how the fuel pump could have triggered that. I did screw up the CPS when I dropped the transmission, but that was a year ago.

I'd pay someone who is good with the renix in the DMV area to work on this. Any takers!?

Just to clarify the truck drives great. When it gets bogged down, prior to downshifting, it bucks and kicks. Going downhill or at low speeds it drives great.

You're making progress. How old are the plugs, wires, cap and rotor? Ever replaced the oxygen sensor or snugged up your intake manifold bolts?

It's NOT a timing issue. s

Sure, it would be a good idea to index the distributor, but not a high priority at this point. 

Thanks for your help Cruiser. I replaced the plugs and wires recently. The distributor internals are a bit older but I'm getting good spark on my inline spark tester. 8f715bd9dfd18e6a7ac0d073e83ca488.jpg

I'm not sure about the oxygen sensor, I don't think I replaced that. I suppose I can go that way next.

Just in case you don't have this :

http://www.bteventures.com//mj1988electricalmanual.pdf

..and if you're fuzzy on using a digital volt meter this is a good tutorial.  required reading for a Renix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bF3OyQ3HwfU

The #1 tip on using the meter, for me, is to make sure the switch is OFF when you're done, or the next time you use it, it'll be dead.

:doh:

• 1 month later...

I'm still trying to get the old O2 sensor off.

I made this video of my vacuum test for exhaust restriction. I think the exhaust is fine

it's at 20 with high RPM and when I let off it hits 25 then goes right back down to... whatever 15-18.

I'm going to fix some vacuum lines tomorrow. Notice my MAP line T's into the hose that comes over the valve cover and into the intake manifold. I'll separate them and put MAP back on the throttle body.

I notice at 65mph on the highway when it gets into overdrive and struggles/ vibrates hard, the vent air shuts off. Also I'm getting 14.5 mpg.

Thanks for following.