Cluster body swap

So I bought a renix full gauge cluster and it arrived broken (the lights on the left side). The flexible circuit board was torn in a couple places; breaking the circuits.

Someone said that the renix cluster bodies are identical and I could just swap everything over to the original body from my MJ (the one with idiot lights). I would like to verify this. Is it true?

Another question. Since the circuit board is broken, I could solder pieces of wires to jump over the breaks. But I'm wondering if the circuit board in the mj with idiot lights is also identical? I figure I could just re use it if possible.

Any chance of that happening?

Idiot light clusters have different flex circuit boards than the 4-gauge and 6-gauge clusters, and the foils are not interchangeable unless the part numbers match. I have a stack of foil circuit boards left over but unfortunately all are for HO clusters.

The blue housings for the various types of Renix era clusters all carry different p/n's, and I don't know if they are interchangeable or not.

Bridging torn foil traces for repair is quite easy using short pieces of ~22AWG or lower stranded copper wire. Just tin each wire end, scrape the varnish off both sides of the foil break down to the copper using an Exacto (sp?) knife, then solder the wire bridge across the break.

Renix full gauge cluster from an 88 should work fine in your 89.  BUT the plastic mold for the non full gauge cluster is different from the full gauge cluster.

You might want to try to repair the broken cluster with epoxy glue like J B Weld or the like.  Just a thought.