Where is

That is, in fact, where it goes...but...when it's tucked away in the bumper, a few things can happen to it.

• The vacuum lines can be near to and susceptible to battery acid, thereby corroding and rendering them useless (and making it hard to track down leaks).
  • A little fender (bumper) bender can crack the ball (and you may never know it).
  • It's a PITA to get to and if you have an HVAC issue (seeing as how this area is where leaks most often occur) that's usually where the problem is.

I have mine relocated up in to the engine bay...kind if like this only actually INSTALLED, screwed down.  I only have about 18" of vac line running to it.  It doesn't take up any space and I can always get to it.  Also, since I have an aftermarket bumper, installing it behind the bumper is problematic.

That's where the cruise module would go! Not all people can put it there. I'd personally mount it on the top of the hump right behind the coolant overflow bottle just before it dips into the point of no return (aka where the firewall meets the fender well near the blower motor.)