Dakota parts on Comanche?

So I have a 95 dodge dakota sitting in my driveway, with a seized motor. I read somewhere that some dakota parts are interchangeable with MJs. Specifically talking about the fuel tank/sending unit. Can anyone confirm this? If not, is anything else on the dakota worth saving before I haul it to a scrap yard? 

My MJ is in need of a few minor things (antenna, parking break cable). Anyone know if any of those will work? 

I'm not sure exactly what year dakota parts are supposed to be interchangeable, as everything I have read just says "dakota". I would assume it would only be first gen dakotas though, in which case, I'm out of luck. 

I would like to correct myself . If you happen to have a 2.5 / 5 speed combo , the ax15 trans happened to be bolted behind that for some of the years and the bell housing is desirable

ax15 can bolt in but have to use your original bellhousing. Dakota bell housings won't work

I would like to correct myself . If you happen to have a 2.5 / 5 speed combo , the ax15 trans happened to be bolted behind that for some of the years and the bell housing is desirable

ax15 can bolt in but have to use your original bellhousing. Dakota bell housings won't work

http://comancheclub.com/topic/50094-ax-15-swap-question/?fromsearch=1

thanks for the replies. It looks like it will just make its way to the scrap yard pretty soon.

If you have the 23 gallon Dakota tank it may be beneficial to take it and the fuel pump assembly out. They are much harder to come by than the 15 gallon and a great option for someone doing the 97+ swap on their MJ who doesn't want a fuel cell in the bed of the truck. They fit both long and short bed MJs. Also the Dakota split bench seat is nice in an MJ. Other than that, no reason to keep it.

i hate the Dakota, it`s the reason the comanche was axed... i`ll be glad to take out its heart (2.5l) and put it in my MJ someday

now seriusly, MJs tail lights are near extinct these days, anybody knows a suitable replacemente? not a bolt on but some that need less hacking?

• 1 month later...

Another take on why the Comanche was discontinued:

Both the Comanche and the Cherokee were made on the same production line.  So everytime they built a Comanche, it was one less (and more profitable) Cherokee that was made and sold.  So if you think about it, when you sell all the Cherokees you can make, why build/sell less profitable Comanche trucks??

Both the Comanche and the Cherokee were made on the same production line.  So everytime they built a Comanche, it was one less (and more profitable) Cherokee that was made and sold.  So if you think about it, when you sell all the Cherokees you can make, why build/sell less profitable Comanche trucks??

I think this was the main reason. Why sell a stripper Comanche (or even an Eliminator) when you could spit out a fancy expensive Cherokee Limited on the same line and make way more money?

That and no desirable extended cab (when the Dakota had that option) made the Comanche a losing proposition to the bean counters, regardless of which one was better (and I do firmly believe that the Comanche was a way, way better truck)

Nah......Dakota baby was why.