Off idle stumble

So, I am finally getting to do some work on my new to me 1988 base comanche. It sat for about a year before I picked it up, and now that I have got it running, I have a bad stumble right off of idle, once I get passed this it runs good. It also seems to have to crank a few times before it starts. Anyone got ant ideas of where I should start to look to get this solved??

• 3 months later...

Ok, bringing this back up, I have replaced the battery cables with new ones from mean lemons, cleaned the c101 and looked over the wiring, still have the problem. I did notice if you unplug the vacuum line to the MAP sensor it does not have the stumble, but runs very rich.....tried a new MAP sensor but got no change. It does seem to be less of a problem once the jeep warms up......any ideas on where to look now??

I'd do all of cruisers tips to have a foundation for a better diagnosis down the line and everyone here will point you in that direction anyway. I did them and they fixed issues I didn't even know I had.

Well stated, and very true. fix known issues first for nearly free and then carry on if needed. 

Did tips 1-5 still having trouble. Also when I adjust the TPS I can reduce the stumble but then I get a high idle and poping at higher RPM. I did notice that I have a TPS for an auto tranny and I have a 5 speed, could this be causing problems??

Did tips 1-5 still having trouble. Also when I adjust the TPS I can reduce the stumble but then I get a high idle and poping at higher RPM. I did notice that I have a TPS for an auto tranny and I have a 5 speed, could this be causing problems??

Having a TPS for an auto is no problem. 

What were the results of tip 5? Ohms....