Renix Engine Monitor scan tool

For all of us MJ owners with Renix engines (Don "Hornbrod", you can close this thread now.  :yes: ), a guy in NJ has designed and built a scan tool that can monitor your system in real time.  He has a Youtube channel and a facebook page.  Search for "Nickintime" on either site.  He has lots of videos of the design and testing of the units.

The unit plugs in to the scan port in the engine bay.  He give you a 10' cable to run in to the cab to connect to the scan tool.

I purchased one and just rec'd it this week.  I plugged it in and was playing with it today.  (It is too frickin' cold out to try and route the cable.)  Looks pretty nice.  It can display four system reading on screen at one time.  You can select which reading to display.

While playing with it, I see that my LT Fuel Trim is up 25%  :eek:, 159 over 128.  I guess I will be performing some diagnosis.

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_8-XIaYYPVI69FPc76y6lw

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/nickintimefilms/

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I watched the video and I didn't see a scanner even mentioned. What I did notice was at 3:45 -- he's rockin' a Dana 35 rear axle under that beast. It also looked like the vehicle he was recovring in one of the snow scenes was an MJ.

New Jersey license plates, but I don't know of any terrain like that in New Jersey. Maybe at Rausch Creek? Not Paragon. Aside from the fact it's closed, I've been all over Paragon, and that ain't it.

Okay, I watched the video and I didn't see a scanner even mentioned. What I did notice was at 3:45 -- he's rockin' a Dana 35 rear axle under that beast. It also looked like the vehicle he was recovring in one of the snow scenes was an MJ.

New Jersey license plates, but I don't know of any terrain like that in New Jersey. Maybe at Rausch Creek? Not Paragon. Aside from the fact it's closed, I've been all over Paragon, and that ain't it.

He has lots of videos on youtube.  Search for the REM videos.

You posted a link. It's your responsibility to post the link to the video you want us to watch.

His last auction description on 1/2/17 says it works with both auto and manual http://m.ebay.com/itm/262783850744?_trkparms=pageci:2da30ee7-d566-11e6-a7c1-74dbd180f6bc%7Cparentrq:7c9f97f91590a6a5e9bc1a5bffbd7257%7Ciid:1&_mwBanner=1 The video was his alpha version, must have improved it.

I believe he tested it on a friends manual that wasn't 100% put together/running properly so he thought it wouldn't work, but then someone bought an alpha model and tried it on a manual and confirmed that it worked

It's really awesome to see he is finally in the production phase. I watched his videos on this through the early development phases. He definitely spent a METRIC TON of time on this project and it's paying off. I don't have a renix but I still found this project interesting and will purchase one when I end up with a renix.

You posted a link. It's your responsibility to post the link to the video you want us to watch.

:oops: Sorry, my bad.

He has a lot of videos that track the development of the unit.  Some of them are pretty "geeky."  If anyone is interested, they can search his youtube channel and watch them.

Very interesting. If more come available I'm going to snag one eventually... to bad he has not developed a clock replacement panel. I guess the screen is the limiting factor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Message him on Facebook. I did and he had 3 left. Now he has 2 left because one is coming my way! :D

Very interesting. If more come available I'm going to snag one eventually... to bad he has not developed a clock replacement panel. I guess the screen is the limiting factor.

Message him on Facebook. I did and he had 3 left. Now he has 2 left because one is coming my way! :D

Just messaged him, soon there will be only one.