Installing ARB 2930 coil springs tomorrow, any suggestions?

Hey guys, I finally bought front springs to hopefully level my truck and upgrade the handling a bit. From my understanding the ARB 2930 springs will (should) raise my front end approximately 1.5" to 1.75" and I was wondering if you more experienced guys or girls can give me some suggestions on what  will need to get the most out of them. I already have the JKS bar pin eliminator http://jksmfg.com/i-9056849-cherokee-xj-comanche-mj-1984-2001-front-lower-bar-pin-eliminator.htmljust to be safe, I've read standard length shocks are OK with this amount of "lift" but I guess installing them won't hurt. I've done stock coil spring replacements on Jeeps before so I'm familiar with the RNR part, I've just never replaced the springs with a different height ones, thanks.

It probably won't change much noticeably. Your alignment might be a bit toed in, but extremely minimally. And you're going to lose a little bit of caster. You might want to buy some shims to adjust caster and check the alignment with a tape measure. But that would be being picky, at least by my standards.

Can you get measurements of how much it lifts your truck? I'm considering these very springs but nobody seems to have a straight answer on how much lift they give. When I asked I got answers between 2.75" and 1.5".

You got it :cheers: , I was going to do this anyway since I noticed the same thing ,,,,no one has a straight answer to how much of a lift these springs give.

I put these springs on my 01 XJ. I also used JKS ACOS as well. The two components together (with the ACOS bottomed out) gave me exactly 3.25" of lift.  The ACOS bottomed out is 1.50" so the springs gave me 1.75".   I also used Bilstein 5100's and bar pin eliminators as well and the ride is fabulous.  I was very happy with these springs.  I ordered another exact same setup for my 90 MJ earlier this evening. Using these on the front and HellCreek 3" leaf packs on the rear.

OME coil springs used to be labeled R and L on their tags, at least the OME 930s, the 2930s predecessor, were. Don't know if they still are, but you might check. They gave me about 2.5" of lift using fresh spring pads.

And yes, I needed an extra shim behind each LCA to correct caster with these springs.

OME coil springs used to be labeled R and L on their tags, at least the OME 930s, the 2930s predecessor, were. Don't know if they still are, but you might check. They gave me about 2.5" of lift using fresh spring pads.

And yes, I needed an extra shim behind each LCA to correct caster with these springs.

I have a new pair of 2930s , no L/R anywhere .

Si.   :cheers:

Ok guys got them installed and ithe springs raised my front end a hair over 1.75". My Comanche is a stock 4.0 with A/C ( by stock I mean I have a factory style bumber, no winch or other modifications). I HIGHLY recommend these springs they are much more comfortable yet more responsive than the Moog's I replaced and they raise the front end just enough to almost even it out, it still has a small rake but the MJ looks much better.

• 1 month later...

When I installed my 2930s, I noticed the tags have an A and a B. A is supposedly driver side and B is passenger side.

Top side:

edWqzzm.jpg

Bottom side:

31Xsgu9.jpg

How's the ride compared to the original springs?

Can't do a direct comparison since I installed a D30 and JK Rubicon shocks at the same time, having said that, the ride is much more controlled than the factory 2wd springs and shocks. Firm, yet supple. I really like the combo. And as far as lift, measuring from axle to frame, I'm getting around 8.75-9 inches. Factory spec for 4x4 springs is 7.75 in +/- 0.5 in. So I only got around 1 inch over 4x4 coils. :dunno: But it worked great with the factory 2wd leaves and a 1 inch lift shackle. No complaints. :chillin: