1988 Comanche

I have recently decided I want to sell my Comanche pickup. I am the second owner and have had it for over 20 years. It has never been wrecked and only has 109,000 miles. I have used it for errands and when something needs to be hauled. It is a 4 cylinder, 4 speed manual transmission and does not leak oil. The interior is original and in great shape other than a dent in the tailgate. I have maintained the truck myself treated it with care.

Just curious-what would be a fair price?

Is there a big demand for this vehicle?

Would I be better off keeping it and continue using it as is?

Pictures

original-d0f54be16283b6f3010ec8f4a11ef33

original-ee1a53e0749a31e804e656512c743cd

looks like a nice Truck. For me, when I look for the MJ I look for 4wd and the 4.0. I think the big appeal is offroading for these trucks. In East Texas area near me since it is a 2wd and 4 cylinder, I would say right around 1200-1700 dollars if the truck is in good shape and will not need anything major to drive down the road after buying it (that is above because of the rare MJ). Here in Texas You can pick up a truck with 6 or 8 cylinders 2wd, 2 door all day long used for 800 to 1500. That said, most people wanting a MJ may pay more just because it can be hard to find in many area's. The last MJ I bought last year, to work on my farm I paid 600 dollars for. 88 longbed 4wd 4.0 with the AW4. It had a blown head gasket, but everything else was in good shape, better then fair. We put a stroker 4.6 and a manual in it and it is a beast. 

Nice looking truck! I paid $1600 for my 2WD 5 speed with the 4.0 Litre. I got a smoking deal on it, it's worth almost double that because they are rare here in Alberta. It depends where you are as to what it's worth. Personally, I would convert it to a 3.4 Litre motor and 4x4 with a 5 speed.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

You can't by anything at twice what that truck is worth that'll be half as good. Clean Comanches are getting harder to find and I see the price going up.

If I were you I'd keep it. It would cost to much to replace it and nothing else would be as efficient or durable.

Nice truck, wish it was mine.

Unless you are certain that you'll never want to use a pickup again -- keep it. The 4-cylinder, 4-speed, 2WD is not a desirable model. I don't really know what it's worth -- my guess would be $1,000. Even if it's $1,500 ... look at prices for used S-10s and Rangers, check the prices, and then look at the mileage and condition. As Frank the Dog wrote, "You can't by anything at twice what that truck is worth that'll be half as good."

looks like a nice Truck. For me, when I look for the MJ I look for 4wd and the 4.0. I think the big appeal is offroading for these trucks. In East Texas area near me since it is a 2wd and 4 cylinder, I would say right around 1200-1700 dollars if the truck is in good shape and will not need anything major to drive down the road after buying it (that is above because of the rare MJ). Here in Texas You can pick up a truck with 6 or 8 cylinders 2wd, 2 door all day long used for 800 to 1500. That said, most people wanting a MJ may pay more just because it can be hard to find in many area's. The last MJ I bought last year, to work on my farm I paid 600 dollars for. 88 longbed 4wd 4.0 with the AW4. It had a blown head gasket, but everything else was in good shape, better then fair. We put a stroker 4.6 and a manual in it and it is a beast.

Thanks for the response...not many Comanches around here.

You can't by anything at twice what that truck is worth that'll be half as good. Clean Comanches are getting harder to find and I see the price going up.

If I were you I'd keep it. It would cost to much to replace it and nothing else would be as efficient or durable.

Good feedback...I may just keep it. I get lots of comments about how good it looks.

Unless you are certain that you'll never want to use a pickup again -- keep it. The 4-cylinder, 4-speed, 2WD is not a desirable model. I don't really know what it's worth -- my guess would be $1,000. Even if it's $1,500 ... look at prices for used S-10s and Rangers, check the prices, and then look at the mileage and condition. As Frank the Dog wrote, "You can't by anything at twice what that truck is worth that'll be half as good."

I may just do that...Thanks

I just want a truck that is dependable when I need one. Thanks!

Nice looking truck! I paid $1600 for my 2WD 5 speed with the 4.0 Litre. I got a smoking deal on it, it's worth almost double that because they are rare here in Alberta. It depends where you are as to what it's worth. Personally, I would convert it to a 3.4 Litre motor and 4x4 with a 5 speed.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

I believe I gave $4200 for it 22 years ago-I have put less than 20,000 miles on it. Thanks!

Good looking truck! There are so few Comanches around here.

It has been a good truck...easy to work on too.

Used S-10's and Rangers are out of sight around here ($2000-$5000). Thanks!

I get a lot of people who say they want it but want to steal it. I may just keep it...