December 2016 ● Fernando87mj's '87

neohic

Well, gents?... that just about wraps up another year here on CC. I think it's been one hell of a year! Plenty of good members, new build threads, and plenty of good tech. What else could one want from the internet?! Oh... that's right... how about one last month of Comanche of the Month? We've made it this far! How about we finish off with a good one, eh?! This is the last month for 2016 and this is your spotlight MJOTM...

cafe-francoise.regular.png

bf8bc5ed209d0d4c5475f3efe72d7574.jpg

YEAR/MODEL ●
1987 jeep Comanche 2wd 

ENGINE/PERFORMANCE ●

Stock, for now. 746 injector upgrade in the future. Hopeful for an AX-15 swap after I'm done with high school. 

DRIVETRAIN ●

Original 4.0, BA-10, factory Dana 44 w/ posi. 

COOLING ●

Stock

ELECTRICAL/IGNITION ●

Added front door speakers. Cruisers tips performed. Mopar cps bypass kit 

SUSPENSION/STEERING ●

Stock 

INTERIOR ●

Bucket seats, Cherokee center console, door panels with wood trim.

BRAKES ●

Stock....for now.

LIGHTING ●

Factory b-pillar lights and footwell+ashtray lights added from a Cherokee.

EXTERIOR ●
Many dents, chrome bumper, chrome grille/headlight surrounds, chrome door handles have been added. 

WHEELS/TIRES ●

235/75/15 Goodyear Wrangler radials, Vision Warrior wheels 

8ada205561c438b4f723944d69bf2998.png

3bc415dd0f6f1ced5c57a66121e2b733.jpg

75f0fca3b0dda97182ad53ded385ed04.jpg

c8c0afbc142b028c70f1412af69d77e3.jpg
032abd71fc2946e2b51f539ab404f719.jpg

e9ed359054ba3ad1780a027c8333ebea.jpg

FULL BUILD THREAD HERE

Remember That One Time?... Tell Us Your Best MJ Story ●
I have many stories, especially since I've been riding in this truck since I was five, but the most memorable is probably from this year. Traveling to Los Angeles from Las Vegas, I had faith in the old jeep but I had never driven it that far before. Being an old truck I was pretty nervous, but knowing the truck ran flawlessly it got me to the destination and back home without hesitation. That's where my love for it grew more. It didn't leave me stranded and on top of that it was hanging with the new cars on the freeway without feeling like it was going to fall apart. Also I love getting asked about my truck and getting compliments on it. I love how unique it is. 

CC is Awesome!... Why Do You Think So? ●
All the great people that are willing to help and that are respectful with lots of knowledge. Cruiser's Renix tips so I can keep my heep running. Also hornbrods MJ had inspired me to put chrome on mine with hopes to get my MJ to an immaculate condition like his one day. 

This truck really sums up the year just great. These little trucks continue to run and keep going with simple care and respect and yours is a prime example of this. Well done! Great truck, great member, and another great year in our own piece of the automotive world. Tip of the cap and cheers all around!

-Ben

This post has been promoted to an article

Wow! Your truck looks outstanding; super clean and highlighted with tasteful chrome accents.  :cheers:  That engine bay is gorgeous. You are a valued young CC member and congrats for finishing out the 2016 MJOTM year with style.

What is a Mopar cps bypass kit?

Only one I know of is the Hesco unit that triggers the ignition from the harmonic balancer. But that's only for HO's.

EDIT:  I think he's talking about the C101 bypass kit. There was a TSB out to bypass the C101 connector on the Renix engines. It is Chrysler Service Bulletin 18-51-88, aka J007.

83100066 | Kit-Sensor Cps Crank Position S

Here's one on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-Jeep-Crank-Position-Sensor-Kit-XJ-Cherokee-MJ-Comanche-83100066-/332060911534?hash=item4d505f67ae:g:wKgAAOSwux5YTvJs&vxp=mtr