1992 4X4 H.O. Automatic Comanche

This is my first post but I have been following the forums a while . I've finally talked my future father in law into selling me his Comanche. Just wanted to get y'alls thought on the purchase. As the title states it's a 1992, 4x4, Automatic, HO, 130k miles not sure on the Vin I can get that tomorrow. The Jeep was drove regularly until 2012, parked and cranked occasionally until 2014. It has sit eversense but ran fine when parked. I have attached the only photo I currently have, the rust is minimal and mainly in the rust prone areas like bottom of fender wells, etc. minor dent in front by the headlight. Faded paint etc. however I know this is a desirable year and I plan on slowly restoring it back to like original condition with small mods. Looking for a hunting vehicle, occasional work driver, and minor off-roading. Like to see if your have a rough idea on value. Also any common issues with the 92s as far as stuff to look for to try to get her going again. Planning on going over in the morning and dropping fuel tank, cleaning (coating shortly after),fresh fuel, new battery, if it starts then oil & filter, coolant, tranny fluid, brake fluid, and on and on. Does this seem to be a good start? Any thing anyone has to add or advice imglad to listen and will try to keep the project posted as I go.

Thanks,

VIN : 1J7FJ26S4NL159280
Manufacturer : Jeep Corporation
Vehicle Type : Truck
Gross Vehicle Weight : 4001#-5000# [1815/2268 Kg]
Line (Body Type) : Cherokee 4x4, Comanche 4x4
Series (Body Type) : Base
Body Style : Truck, 2-door Pickup
Engine : 4.0L 6 Cyl. (Gas) Unleaded Fuel (ERH)
Check Digit : 4
Year : 1992
Plant Location : Toledo #1, Ohio, USA
Sequential Serial Number : 159280
Check Digit Test : VIN valide

Well after a week a new fuel tank, new fuel hanger assy/pump, fuel filter, spark plugs, and cleaning all injectors that were stopped up to the point of no activation. She cranks, runs, and idles perfectly. Next on the list is front brakes which is stuck closed, tires, and fluids change.

d14e5b69bfe370a6f0c5b30f36729a97.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question to see if anyone has ever had a similar issue. To start I recently replaced the parts listed above and also have installed rigid truck-lite led headlights. Tonight I drove up to check on a water line, turned off the truck but left the headlights on, just installed a new optima yellow top so didn't think anything about them pulling the battery down. Maybe 10 minutes went by with the headlights on then when I go to crank it back it acts like the battery is dead and won't turn over, turn the headlights off and on they appear to be full brightness. Turn over again and battery acts dead and won't spin the starter. Pop the hood, pull a couple fuses and relays all looks good so put them back wait a few minutes get in and she cranks like nothing was ever wrong. Later stopped and started multiple times without any issues. Is this a common problem or anyone Evers ran into this before? I used the search function but mainly saw people with batter crisis on issues or bad batteries reporting this but all connection look clean and greased the terminals when I installed.

Have you ever cleaned up the NSS? http://bc4x4.com/tech/2010/jeep-neutral-safety-switch-nss/

Symptoms of a bad (generally just dirty) NSS are everything looking okay but intermittent no-cranks. Sometimes if you shift to neutral or move the shifter back and forth quickly you can clean the contacts off enough to get it to start.

Other things to look at are loose or corroded battery cables. Both ends. I'm not convinced they need greasing either. Could also be a dead spot in the starter I suppose.

Heard the solenoid engaging every time. Checked both terminals but nothing, than randomly acted like nothing was ever wrong ? Tried replicating it this morning but no luck. Maybe count it as a fluke unless it does it again