Throwout bearing which to buy

Funny that you mention this, buddy of mine just had to replace his after a couple months, he has an 03 tj and he said that the luk kit he bought has a plastic throwout bearing and that he had to find one that was made in full metal to last longer, irrc it was a luk brand as well...

Funny that you mention this, buddy of mine just had to replace his after a couple months, he has an 03 tj and he said that the luk kit he bought has a plastic throwout bearing and that he had to find one that was made in full metal to last longer, irrc it was a luk brand as well...

Mine hasn't given up but every time i shift it makes a horrible noise, and it's only 3 weeks old. When I put it on it seemed loser then my old one

Internal or external slave?

I have a Luk bearing for both my MJ and CJ (external slaves).  I've had not problems.

I have read on CC and elsewhere if you want a quality internal slave, you need to go to a dealership.

Internal or external slave?

I have a Luk bearing for both my MJ and CJ (external slaves). I've had not problems.

I have read on CC and elsewhere if you want a quality internal slave, you need to go to a dealership.

External but my slave cylinder is fine, the throwout bearing is just bad

I asked because the internal is a combined slave/throughout bearing.  These things have a shelf life of milk.

I have not had issues with a release bearing for an external.

Do you have the correct pressure plate?  An incorrect PP may be contacting the bearing causing it to wear prematurely.

my 2¢.

I asked because the internal is a combined slave/throughout bearing. These things have a shelf life of milk.

I have not had issues with a release bearing for an external.

Do you have the correct pressure plate? An incorrect PP may be contacting the bearing causing it to wear prematurely.

my 2¢.

I believe so. The tranny is for a 95 Cherokee. I have the clutch kit for a 95 with a 87 renix flywheel. I ran this set up for a year but then I got another reman ax15 I just recently out in