installing a fuel pump assembly but hitting the tank

I have a new fuel pump and tank for my 87 MJ.  I tried installing the new assembly but keep hitting the small metal pan inside.  Is there a trick or tip yall could tell me about to get this done?  I don't want to force it and break something.  Thanks. 

I know the video is for a 89 cherokee but the installation oft he pump (around 12 minutes) makes this look sure simple.  My baffle pan inside the tank is on the other side and the lower part of the pump itself appears to be hitting the baffles edge when I try to install it.  

The pump assembly is most likely for an XJ, but they list it will work on a MJ (which it doesn't if you use the correct MJ gas tank).   I am going through this very issue.  My solution, after doing some research on here was to order the JP5A tank, which supposedly does not have the baffle pan inside the tank.  The tank is due in on Monday.  There is no new source of MJ fuel pump assembly's.  ***Edited to add - My new fuel pump assembly is a mirror image of the original (atleast I assume it is the original) MJ fuel assembly with the float and filter hitting the edge of the baffle.

I am just learning about MJ's after spending the last 15 years running XJs, so my information is all internet based.

Ken

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/detail/GT00/JP5A/02539.oap?year=1987&make=Jeep&model=Comanche&vi=1181461&ck=Search_02539_1181461_-1&pt=02539&ppt=C0025#compatibilityTab_

Better make sure there are no baffles in this tank before ordering.............

EDIT:  The description states there are no sump baffles, so I would assume it will work.