1987 Metric tonne speedo cable

1 Week old, 2 owner 1987 Beige MJ Metric Tonne, all stock, I have been going through everything, and the most annoying thing is the bouncing speedometer, gear driven single cable, no cruise. Any one have a part number or know of a replacement cable supplier? JY's are rare over here, and MJ's are even rarer, so I either import parts from the Mainland or purchase on line. Any help will be appreciated. Not new to Jeeps, but new to MJ's my first, and what a score.

If your speedometer works and goes back to 0 when you're stopped, the cable and the speedo itself are fine. Do what the other guys said. With it out of the truck, take the inner cable out of its sheath, clean it, and lubricate its entire length except the very ends with white lithium grease. When you put it back, make sure it doesn't make any sharp bends. It should make a fairly gentle curve from the transfer case/transmission to its mount on the driver side upper control arm bolt, up the firewall, and into the cab.

OK guys thanks for the tips, the speedo does operate and operates correctly, starts at 0 goes to the correct speed, and then when I stop returns to zero again. The bouncing of the needle occurs 40-45 when crusing, when I am accelerating the needle doesn't bounce. Only when I am in a no load condition does the needle tend to bounce.

1 Week old, 2 owner 1987 Beige MJ Metric Tonne, all stock, I have been going through everything, and the most annoying thing is the bouncing speedometer, gear driven single cable, no cruise. Any one have a part number or know of a replacement cable supplier? JY's are rare over here, and MJ's are even rarer, so I either import parts from the Mainland or purchase on line. Any help will be appreciated. Not new to Jeeps, but new to MJ's my first, and what a score.

Hozit go to Rock Auto go to Jeep go to 1987 go to Comanche go to 4.0L engine go to Interior check the speedo cable there. You got to know what or how the end of the speedo is because there are 2 type the old chevy knid and the newer with clip.  

Time to crawl under to see what you got best way to get more room is to remove the driver seat.

Hozit go to Rock Auto go to Jeep go to 1987 go to Comanche go to 4.0L engine go to Interior check the speedo cable there. You got to know what or how the end of the speedo is because there are 2 type the old chevy knid and the newer with clip.  

Time to crawl under to see what you got best way to get more room is to remove the driver seat.

sorry about that this is for the guy above looking for new speedo cable